Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jessica is 19!

Jessica turned 19 yesterday and I wanted to do a tribute to her. I have to start off by saying the following isn't the best compilation of pictures of her taken over the years. Most of those have been scrapbooked, and I didn't feel like locating or scanning those pictures yesterday (since I was having a birthday as well) so I just found some that were convienient in my photo albums (okay, I did take one or two from her scrapbooks).

Jessica was born on June 13, 1990- my 29th birthday. She weighed 9 lbs 13 oz. I was two weeks overdue, so when the doctor asked me if I'd like to be induced on the 12th or 13th, I chose the 13th because I thought it would be fun to share a birthday with her--- and it has been! I've never regretted that decision.
If you know Jessica well, you'll know she has a great love for babies. Any baby, any place or time. A great example of this was Brody asked her the other day if a mother of triplet babies that she didn't even know asked her to babysit for a weekend w/o pay- would she do it? Without even thinking, she answered "yes!" I think her love for babies began when she was three and Jake was born. She mothered him and held him much more than her big sister did (sorry Ky- but I have to be honest). The same held true when Cam was born, and from then on many relatives, ward members, neighbors- she's not picky- have benefited from her wonderful mothering skills. The following are pictures of some babies/kids she's especially been close to and has tended a lot.



Jessica has always had a talent for sleeping soundly and being able to fall asleep anywhere. Sadly this held true with driving. . .

She's always been daring and not afraid to try anything. She has done the skycoaster at Lagoon and the Celebration Center many times, wanted to go sky diving after graduation from high school, but couldn't find anyone to go with her, loves rollercoasters, has never been afraid of the water and swimming or just getting squirted in the face with water!



She loves her family. She and the boys have had a lot of fun together over the years, and some not so fun times (as can be said for all siblings, right?) Although she and Kylee have never had any problems getting along.



She's always had great friends. Surprisingly, for a girl who didn't like boys until she was 16, three of her best friends from age 2-8 were boys! I'm grateful for her friends who have been a great example to her and have always been there for her.
She loves to dance, tumble and cheer. She started taking dance when she was three, and took until her sophomore year in high school. She then took tumbling to help her prepare to try out for cheer, which she did her senior year and had a wonderful experience doing that.

Another talent she has that I forgot to get a picture of is her playing the piano. She took lessons for about 10 years, and has done a pretty good job to keep up on playing since she quit lessons.

I love sweet Jessica and am so happy and blessed to have her as my daughter and friend.

9 comments:

Kylee said...

I guess I'll be the first to leave a comment since I'm the one that just published the post for you! (Hopefully you'll get it to work from now on with Firefox!) Well, I've already said this a thousand times but HAPPY BIRTHDAY mom and Jessica! That was a great post about Jessica I love looking at all those old pictures, but HELLO where is the post about YOU?! Maybe I'll have to do one later in secret.

Vonnie said...

I love the Jessica tribute. It's so fun to see some family pictures of her and to learn more about her interests and abilities. Happy 19th Birthday to a beautiful niece, inside and out. Love you both!

tutus n bowties said...

Where have I been and how did I not know you girls had the same birthday?! Anywho... Happy birthday to the both of you! I loved the picture of Jess getting sprayed in the face! Too cute.

Jord said...

What a fun post about Jessica. She is such a cute girl and will seriously be the best Mom.

Annie said...

Wonderful tribute, sissy. Jessie has always been a beautiful and sweet girl. It was such a treat to preview her life to date.

Lindsey said...

I love that Jessica too! Could she be any more darling? Seriously, those pictures of her as a little girl...good grief! Seeing those pictures of her and Kylee as little girls makes me all the more excited for Lydia to get her, sorry to turn this back to me. You need to do a post about you for your birthday, come on, don't be shy, you can say I told you to.

Mike said...

What a sweet girl! It's so fun to see all those great pictures. She's wonderful and I love her!

Dani Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dani Em said...

HAPPY birthday again to BOTH of you! Those pictures are so fun...CUTE family!