Sunday, December 13, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year

I LOVE Christmas time! Even though beginning right after Thanksgiving, I'm unable to sleep in past 4-5:00 because of the business and anticipation, I wouldn't change a thing. It's so fun deciding on, and shopping for the kids. It's fulfilling to do things for others. It's so festive to look at Christmas lights and the decorations in our home. It's great to spend more time with family and just relax and enjoy the season. And, it's great to watch snow falling outside and appreciate the beauty of nature. It snowed most of the day yesterday and the temperature was a balmy 33 degrees (after a week of below zero, it felt like spring) so Mike and I went on a lovely 2 mile walk last night. It was so fun to wade through snow- as most people hadn't shoveled the 6-8" yet. Then this morning, I helped the boys with their routes (why not, I'm awake anyway. . .) and again was struck by the beauty of the season. If you don't live in a climate where you enjoy snow, I'm sad for you. At least for the month of December (after that you can be sad for me) when it's such a fitting scene for the Christmas season. To those of you who are used to snow in winter and don't have it now and are missing it greatly, don't worry- you'll be home soon-and we have lots waiting for you to enjoy :)



I wish I could say this is my new Christmas tree, but alas, it is my friend's Lorene. Isn't it divine?

6 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

That tree is awesome! I am not a fan of snow. For me, I think the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas would be plenty, and I would like it to not dip below 40 in the winter.

Kylee said...

I'm guessing you were talking about us in that last paragraph....? yeah we miss it a lot, but I wonder if I still will after Christmas. I can't wait to be home. Only 10 more days!!

Vonnie said...

Great winter photos Lee. It is the most wonderful time of the year. I've also had trouble sleeping. Do you use any sleeping aids?

Jord said...

Snow is great at Christmas. Can't beat it!

Stacey said...

Last year we had that snow....and that was the first year we EVER got that much. It DID make it feel like Christmas. This month has been a blur. I was scurrying to deliver teacher gifts today. I LOVE the look of lights on the houses and being cozy by the fire. The kids get out tomorrow. I AM happy. We can all enjoy sleeping in, in the new house. Todd and I are off to see the Nutcracker. He loves that kind of stuff. Feels festive! Enjoy Kylee and Brody

tutus n bowties said...

Questions for ya...Can we come for a visit while Ky and Brody are visiting? P.s. I'm praying for a very white Christmas.