Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

I had a wonderful surprise from Mike a few days ago. My first delivered flowers of our marriage (Mike is too practical to think the delivery charge is worth it) and they're so beautiful. Glenn Beck gave him the idea to use pro flowers, and I'm grateful. I've really enjoyed them.
Instead of decorating the kids room with hearts hanging from their ceiling, and taped to their door and treats strewn across their bed, this year I took the easy way out and just sent them on a treasure hunt throughout the house (going up and down the stairs about 8 times) to find their Valentines treats. They had fun, but asked why I didn't do the hearts in their rooms. Old traditions are hard to replace!

This had been the view from our driveway for most of the winter, it seems. It gets old. Real old.

It's a happy day when this is what I see when looking towards the mountains. It just makes my whole day brighter.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I must admit I fell short on my Valentine traditions this year with the kids, but I sent them on a small scale scavenger hunt and they were thrilled as can be. Todd was taken care of as well. He's easy to please. I also bought him a step stool from Costco (that I've wanted for years) and forgot to give it to him! I'm ready to grow my hair out. It's too short to do any styles to. But it was too long, so change is fine for now.

Nan said...

Traditions are hard to break. My guess is your kids will put valentines all over their own kids rooms some day. Your flowers looked beautiful.

Kylee said...

Wow, that IS a depressing sight. I never realized how bad it gets until you compare it to what it should be. And it's not even like it's snowing when it's like that.

p.s. Those flowers are gorgeous!

Vonnie said...

Beautiful flowers! The sunny day looks great. Hope you have more of those coming.

Jessica said...

The flowers are GORGEOUS! I hope you get to enjoy them for at least another week :)

Kylee said...

no I added that picture later. I was waiting for one of them to send it to me because it wasn't on my camera. dave and claire are in the middle. dan and meghann on the right. Yeah I wonder when you'll ever meet them? esp if we just meet you in the grand canyon next time you come...

Lindsey said...

You are so good to make every Holiday have something special about it. I love your new decorations and those cookies you made are DI-VINE! Thanks again for the little bag of goodies :)

tutus n bowties said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Sounds like you had a fun V-day with your fam.