Saturday, November 13, 2010

bargin shopping

There's not much I love more than getting a good deal at the store.  Even the grocery store.  This week Smiths had some great deals, and with the addition of a few coupons, I came away with $100 worth of stuff for the amazingly low price of $33.10!!!  Can you say WOW?  Now granted, most of these items are things we don't really NEED, but when you can get  2 liters of the best soda that's only available during the holidays for 40 cents, wouldn't you get 10 or so of them like I did?  I'll hide them in a cooler in the garage, and forget about them, then it will be a nice surprise this summer when I come across them (that's happened before, and it was great!).




I love getting good deals on clothes, household goods, beauty products, sporting good- you name it. This week at Kohls, I had an extra 30% off everything coupon, plus for every $50 you spent, you got $10 back in Kohls cash. I went with all three kids, plus Brad there on Thursday night to get some needed items, plus a few Christmas gifts.  When we were ready to check out, I realized I didn't have my jacket which I remembered having about 10 minutes before.  So I retraced my steps, but it had vanished.  I've been back three times to check in the lost and found and retrace my steps again.   I wouldn't be that concerned about a lost jacket (although it's a cool one Kylee brought me from Alaska) BUT, my CELL PHONE was in the pocket. . .AHHHHHH  I'm sooo upset.  If it was stolen, whoever has it hasn't used the phone, but no one answers when I call it.  Where did it go?  It's a mystery but I"m not ready to get a replacement phone just yet.  I'm still hoping for a miracle. 

9 comments:

Annie said...

I've got to get back on that coupon bandwagon. My fingers are crossed for the return of your phone:(

Lindsey said...

I love a good deal!! That is a steal at Smith's, I love that you took a photo of everything. Lay out everything from Kohl's and do the same. So so sad about your phone. Especially since I keep forgetting and sending you text messages. Hope you get this all resolved. It's a helpless feeling huh?

Dani Em said...

oh I LOVE couponing :) We haven't bought cereal for more than $1 since we have been married and usually we can get it free!
bummer about your phone. hope you fine it!

Kylee said...

I love good deals too! I need to learn how to get some better deals at grocery stores. I just don't ever pay attention to how much things are, I just get the generic brand of whatever I need, so I never know exactly what a good deal price IS. And I need to learn how people are getting things for free. Seriously, I don't get it. And this is something I could be doing in my free time! Anyway, I liked the post about how much stuff you bought, and I hope you find your phone!! (And that cute jacket... :) which is kind of old by now. I don't even think I have mine anymore. But then again, I have plenty of other things from alaska).

Nan said...

So sorry about the cell phone. Good luck.

I bought a lot of soup at Smiths that is normally $1.50 and with their ad plus my coupons they were 70c. Not bad.

mary erickson said...

Sorry about the phone. Shopping is always fun

Jessica said...

You forgot to say how much you saved at kohls! I am hoping your phone turns up too. I don't like you not having it! I keep texting you cause I keep forgetting you don't have it and then I get upset when you don't text me back, but then I remember! haha You did good on your shopping deals! wasn't there something else that you got a good deal for? Was it lee's?

tutus n bowties said...

Sad news about your phone! I hope it finds it's way back to you. Maybe you should teach me how to be a bargin shopper with food. I'm not the best. P.s. I'm starting to lose sleep!! YAHOO I'm sooo excited for the big day.

SaraPete said...

Wow $100 for $30 is awesome!!! I never use coupons, but need to start! It seems to complicated tho. So sad about your cell :(