Tuesday, March 5, 2013

February

  February started off with a fun superbowl party for the 4 of us, the Wheelwrights and Bundy and Lydia.  Jess created some appealing goodies and we had a great time eating and watching the game.  Sadly for Mike, the 49ers lost which means he lost the family football picks and the boys tied for the 1st place prize.

For the Weyerts regular 2nd Sunday dinner, they decided to celebrate Chinese New Years.  We ate delicious Chinese food and enjoyed taking home the prize for wearing the most red.  We went all out and it wasn't difficult to pick our family as the winners!  We won a $30 Itunes gift card.  It was great being together with almost everyone.



 For years now Cam has complained about being such a "moley" boy so he convinced me to let our friend Dr. Wood (who is an ENT) remove as many as Cam could tolerate.  That turned out to be 13!  Nine were on his back, and the rest on his neck and chest.  When you consider each mole needed at least 2 shots to numb it, you realize that's a lot of shots!  Once that part was done, the rest was cake!  They've healed up nicely and Cam is a new man!
 I did my traditional heart-attacking Mike's side of our bathroom for Valentines day, and this year I did the boys bathroom (instead of their rooms) and the guest bathroom which Jess and Brad use.  I should be more prepared and not save everything until the morning of Valentines Day. . .   Mike gave me a giftcard for a pedicure and a nice note.
 On the 13th, we invited the Bundy's over for our traditional heart-shaped pizza dinner.  They contributed Jamba Juice-like smoothies made in their blend tec blender.  Delicious!  I had made oreo pops for everyone and we had a nice evening- watching the premier of season 26 of Survivor.
 On Valentines Day the Skeens invited me, Mike, the Wheelwrights, Bundy's and Peterson's over for dinner, trivia games, and a family/Valentines Day edition of Jeopardy.  It was a great evening.


 Much of February was spent living in an inversion. And a deep freezer.  And lots of snow storms. Most days were white skies and little or no view of the mountains or sun.  It got old. 

 
 When we did see blue skies and the sun, it was a happy day! (even though we were still in a deep freeze. . )


 We very much look forward to seeing the sun more in March and feeling some warmth from it.

I've enjoyed having Jake come to see me at work a few times and bring lunch for us from Taco Time.  I love chatting with him and spending an hour together.

 One day in February my Zumba instructor did a couples class in the gym (instead of aerobics room).  It was pretty entertaining to watch the 4-5 brave husbands who came to try it out.  Needless to say, my non-dancing husband wasn't one of the brave souls. 
 I saw this sign in the parking lot of Walmart and just had to take a picture to demonstrate one of my biggest pet-peeves.  The incorrect spelling of your/you're!  It's embarrassing for people who do it wrong because it's the easiest thing in the world to double check! 
 Brad turned 26 on the 27th.  We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse with the Bundy's and also celebrated Emma turning 7 a few days later.  We had a delicious dinner and a fun time together.
 After dinner we came to our house for presents, pie and Survivor.

5 comments:

Kylee said...

Wow! You had a pretty eventful February! Which I feel like is one of the least eventful months of the year. So good for you :) I didn't know about all of Cam's mole removals. He'll have to let me know if they stay gone because mine came back. Although it doesn't poke up anymore, so that's good. I love all the fun decorating/food stuff for the holidays this month. That always makes things so fun and you've always been good at that!

Jessica said...

This post looks very similar to mine! ;) Except for a few things... um those pictures of the trees and blue skies that you took are BEAUTIFUL! I kinda forgot what a blue sky looks like! That dang inversion needs to go away now!! I'm glad Jakes got to visit and have lunch with you at work, that's fun! And I wish I could have gone to the Valentines zumba.. looks fun!

Lindsey said...

What a great month!! I need some photos from you so I can do my monthly post. I didn't know Cam was open about the mole removal, glad I can talk to him about it. That is quite the feat. I love the photo of the "you're." Even Emma pointed out that they spelled that wrong. What the?! Had you mentioned it to her earlier? I also took photos of the frosty trees, they're my favorite!! I KIND of wish I would have taken a last day photo at Olive Garden, I'm kind of sad I didn't, but oh well, right? Well, looking forward to the events that will make up the month of March :)

Kylee said...

Oh, and I LOVE when the trees have frost on them and all the branches look white. Those are some beautiful pictures you took in your front yard!

Vonnie said...

Another fun Jensen month. I love to keep up with your family this way! The pictures of the snow in the trees are amazing. Keep em coming!