Tuesday, June 23, 2015

May recap

I'll start off the month with pictures of my favorite 10 month old. Look at this face! Who could not fall in love with this boy? I was counting the days until I could see him.
 Oh man- I'm so smitten with this little cheeser.
 
This is Kylee's first Mother's Day. She had a special day with her boy and her hubby who pampered her all day.
 My Mother's Day started off with this healthy delicious bowl of oatmeal...
 
and ended with Skyping with all 4 kids! Even though I was sad to be childless for the first time in 27 years, my sadness was greatly diminished after being able to see and talk to the kids. It was wonderful to see Jake and Cam especially and know I would be seeing Jake in just a few short weeks.
I'm so excited about my Mother's Day gift from Mike.
Cam continues to do well in Chicago.  This is his first companion Elder Martinez with a couple from the ward that they love and that were so good to them.
After 3 transfers w/ Martinez, Cam got a new companion named Goodrich. Coincidentally, they were comps for 6 weeks in the MTC! Look at their size difference. haha

They got to go hang out outside of the theater that was playing The Book of Mormon musical. They had a lot of people stop and want to take pictures w/ the big BOM and they passed out a lot of pass along cards and some BOM's as well.

Downtown Chicago is so cool!

Jake and his last companion Elder Thompson. He had such a great last transfer!

This is the view out their apartment window!

This is Brian and Nadine whom they met, taught, baptized and confirmed all in the last 3 weeks! It was a miracle and an answer to his prayers.

 Mike and I had a long list of things we wanted to get done before Jake got home. One of them was cleaning off the patio and deck. Another one was having the siding on the house painted. We hired Sara's husband Mike to do it and he did a fantastic job. Because it rained every day for the first 3 weeks in May, he wasn't able to get it all done before Jake got home, but he did get it done before his welcome home.


Even though the house didn't get done until June, I'm still going to put the before and after pictures on for this month. I am SO thrilled with how it turned out.
Before:
 
 After:
 Before:

 After:
 Before:

 After:
Before:

After:
Before:

After:
I had this sign giving the countdown to when Jake got home. It was fun to change the number every Monday.
This is Jakes last letter in the mail to us. It was a happy/sad day. I'll miss that weekly communication with him.
This is me sending Jake's last letter to him.
We had a fun Memorial weekend. It stopped raining long enough for us to get to the Clarkston Cemetery.

We had fun having breakfast and playing pickle ball at Trace's church.


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Well, I agree.. he is my favorite 10 month old (now 11.. )!! I really can't believe he is going to be 1 so soon!! I'm so sad for you that you didn't have any kids with you on Mothers Day, but glad we could all skype at the same time. That was fun! I'm envious of your mothers day gift!! I, as always, love seeing pictures of the boys! I am in LOVE with the way everything turned out with the house and the yard and everything. It all looks amazing! I love your stickers and stamps on Jake's last email. Did/do you put all of those on all the letters you sent/send to both boys?

Kylee said...

Hummm, I must have missed this one! I'm glad you had a good mother's day, even without any kids at home! The house looks A.MA.ZING!!! It was fun seeing the before's and after's side-by-side. Soooo much of an improvement. Who knew it was in such need of an upgrade?! I guess we were just used to it. I'm glad I got to see it finished in person. I love seeing updates of the boys (and well, now just Cam).