Tuesday, May 20, 2008

recent activities

Jake has been having a great second season playing lacrosse. He has double headers on Saturdays (traveling sometimes to Ogden/Pocatello, Brigham City) and two practices a week. He's also on a soccer team that plays on Thursdays and Saturdays. One Saturday he had three lacrosse games and a soccer game. Needless to say, he was pretty wiped out by the end of the day.
We had a fun family party with Mikes family at Tommy and Jessicas house in Kaysville. We had a yummy cookout, then divided up into four groups and did a skit or song that we'll post on utube. The one with the most hits in one week will win a cool prize. It was very hilarious what we all came up with.

This is after church on Mother's Day- one of my favorite days of the year. Mike and the kids do so much to make my day special. Mike made a big breakfast before heading off to his ward. The kids all bought me nice gifts, but the best part was their sweet notes and letters to me. I don't have to lift a finger all day- all the cooking, dishes and cleaning gets done magically! We enjoyed having dinner at our house with the Ericksons, Searles and Gary.
The Lakes came by for a short visit when they were in town to run the Ogden Marathon. We loved seeing little one-year-old Brody. We think he's so adorable.
That same weekend, Emma came to play for a few days. We always love when we get to play with her. She is very fun and entertaining.


When Ryan and Lindsey came to pick her up Sunday, we enjoyed a nice lunch, games and visiting. What visit would be complete without some homemade cookies. Everyone is chowing down on some warm snickerdoodles. I should include the recipe since my two posts with cookie recipes have gotten the most comments. Anyone, anyone?

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Um hello!! I signed on to get that snickerdoodle recipe because my in-laws are swinging by and I wanted to send some with them, and lo and behold all you left me with was a big tease! Luckily you gave Emma a special mention in this post so I'm not too mad. I will be needing that recipe sooner than later though. Thanks again for having her! All though I always miss her terribly it's nice to know she is having so much fun and well cared for and loved.

Lee said...

i don't want to do a whole post on the recipe, so here it is:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
mix. add:
3 c flour
1 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t cream of tartar
mix. roll in mixture of 4 T sugar & 2 t cinnamon
Bake 375 10 min
don't overbake or they'll be crunchy- but don't underbake or they'll be doughy! Good luck!kjj

Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacie said...

good job on being the first to post on the family party!! Im glad you had a GREAT mothers day too!!

Jamie Jo said...

If your kids like to play with little babies, I happen to have 2 that live in town and are available any time. Miss Milly is a sweetheart. Give her a chance!

Lindsey said...

I forgot to mention I liked Jessica's outfit. I won't tell Ryan that you chose to go against his recommendation, it can be our secret.

Jamie Jo said...

I am always so curious about deleted comments!!! Who was it? Did they swear? Were they mean? Did they offer you money to like their babies better than Emma?

Lee said...

funny jo- actually that was me- for some reason my comment w/ the recipe appeared twice. sorry it wasn't more exciting!

Jamie Jo said...

I thought maybe it was Linny saying "No matter how hard you try, your kids will never be as popular as Emma, so give it up!" That would have hurt my feelings.