Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happenings

I am so excited to finally be able to do some long awaited posts! We've had a nightmare of a time with our computer- it's a long story and I won't bore you with the details- but after weeks of our old computer having one virus after another and finally dying, and then getting and figuring out a new computer, monitor and printer, I'm finally set loose to upload pictures and get some posts going. Tonight I'm only taking time for a few pictures, but in the coming week, I have several more over-due posts to do.

Cam celebrated turning 14 a week ago today. We always enjoy celebrating with the Weyerts as Grandpa Tom's birthday is on the same day. We had gone there for dinner with the whole extended family a few days before, then on Cam's actual birthday, he enjoyed having me do his paper route, then make his choice for breakfast (german pancakes, hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage, and toaster strudels). I picked him up for lunch and took him to Panda Express, then that night, Mike and I took him out to Hamiltons. Tom and Freda joined us after that for presents, cake, and a card game. It was a fun day.








Kylee and Brody are doing great in Europe. They've been there 2 weeks, and I've loved talking to them every few days on Skype. What a great invention! It's so fun to see them and hear in person what they're up to. This weekend they're taking the train to Germany, then next week they're flying to London. Check out her blog on my sidebar if you haven't already. She's doing a great job of documenting their awesome adventure. We miss them, but are so excited for this great opportunity they have. I love this picture I took of them the night before they left.



This year I found these cool $4 St. Patricks Day shirts at Walmart. The kids enjoyed wearing them, and hopefully will get another years use out of them.
The day before turning 14, Cam got his braces off (after wearing them for 22 months). He was so excited, and thought it would be fun not to tell anyone and see how quickly people noticed. Jake and Jess noticed right away, but Mike hadn't after several days (and I was sure he wouldn't for a long time) so Cam finally told him. He got his retainers today which he has to wear day and night for three months, and he's not happy about that. Hopefully he'll get used to them and not complain about them every 5 minutes like he has today :)


Doesn't he look so much older suddenly? I hate it.

3 comments:

Kylee said...

Yay a new post! It was good to put pictures with things I've already heard about. I'm glad you have much more to do!

Nan said...

Potpourri of family life, a nice family's life. I'm glad you got your computer back. Nowadays we can't live without them.

Vonnie said...

Good updates! Loved seeing you all today. Thanks for your love and support (and cookies!)