Sunday, April 11, 2010

Redecoration, Easter, Spring break

So, lots has been happening the past few weeks. Cam thought it was time for him to have a bedroom and bathroom downstairs with Jake, so for the 3rd time in 4 years, Jessica has changed rooms (she and Cam switched). In the summer of '06 when Kylee went to Alaska, Jess moved out of her room into the big room at the bottom of the stairs as the priviledge of the oldest in the family. She enjoyed that room for 2 years until she graduated and it was Jakes turn to have it. He decided he didn't want to change rooms, so we made the big bedroom the game room and Jess got moved back into her original room. Two years later, and she's being moved again, this time upstairs into Cam's old room. It is the smallest bedroom in the house, but as she's hardly ever home, and when she is, she isn't in her room, she went along with the plan very willingly. And a bonus- she gets a bathroom all to herself! So, for the past 2-3 weeks, we've all worked hard to get the rooms changed, and redecorated in the process- including a new look for the bathroom upstairs. The messiest job was stripping the wallpaper and boarder off in Cam's room. Luckily it only went from the ceiling 1/4 way down the wall. But still. Hopefully I won't have to do that again anytime soon. . . Neither room is totally done, so I'm offering a sneak peak of Jessica's- with more to come of her's and Cam's (and sorry the picts aren't in the right order. . . ). We enjoyed a visit from the Bundy girls this weekend. We all love having them around, and especially loved Lindsey's decorating expertise with Jessica's room. She was a huge help and I so appreciate her! Below is Cam's old room being transformed.






























I'm loving the change in here! Before it was gold and navy.















A peek into Jessica's new bedroom.










My friend Janae and I took our two boys to SLC for two days during spring break. We all had a great time! We stopped at the Soloman Center in Ogden on the way down for the boys to ride the flowrider. The boys went to the comic book store while Janae and I chilled at the SLC public library (very cool place) then we all ate out at the Pie Pizzarea near the Uof U. We saw a couple shows at the Clark Planetarium, and spent quite a bit of time at the Gateway mall. It was a fun get-away.




























































We enjoyed a nice Easter dinner at the Weyerts along with most of the rest of Mike's family. As always, Freda prepared a feast that we all very much enjoyed. It was fun to see and visit with everyone- and as an added bonus, we all talked to Kylee and Brody on Skype. It was awesome!
















Cam looking like there's no way he can decide what to eat- there's so many options!































Jessica W. made these adorable bunny cupcakes. So creative!



































Sadly, tomorrow it's back to the ole school/work routine. The boys are pretty bummed. They've enjoyed a week of staying up late, hanging out with friends, and sleeping in a fort in the game room. Reality is a hard pill to swallow! Wish us luck :)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great post! Fun fun times. I love all the photos, especially of the food ;) Jessica's room is seriously so cute, I can't stop thinking about it. I think I really like leaving nothing above the bed. Perhaps in a year when you are used to the cuteness of it then you can add something, but for now it doens't even NEED one more thing. I say ON WITH THE UNVAILING!!

Kylee said...

I love the stripes in Jessica's room. I can see them much more clearly in the picture than from the computer on skype. That food at Grandma's looks so yummy! Is this a new tradition to do a big Easter dinner at her house? Hopefully we'll be around SOMETIME soon to attend. Can't wait to see even more pictures! Keep them coming. Even if just for me :)

Jamie Jo said...

All those food pics make me hungry! I so love Jessica's room. I can't stop thinking about it. I think with one of my Census checks I'm going to have to redo the girls.

Stacie said...

love the new room its darling!! And Easter dinner was very tasty I love getting together every 3rd sunday to visit with everyone! Sounds like you had a very productive spring break!

Jessica said...

Cute re-decorating! Maybe next Spring Break you can come be productive at my house. I can think of several projects you'd be great at :)