Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pranks

This picture doesn't really go with this post, but this is the one picture I took on Sunday that I couldn't figure out how to find on my new computer when I did my last post. So here it is! Four of my nieces, two great-nieces, Jessica, and Jake with his dorky smile in the background.

I haven't downloaded the program I used to have that let me rearrange my photos once I've put them on the post, and I also can't figure out how to copy and paste my explanation of this post, so it's inbetween the pictures. I could do it on my old computer- and I'm sure anyone else in the house knows how and could tell me, but they're not around right now, and I want to post this and get to bed, so sorry- it's not perfect!








I've had such a fun day today. I've been thinking up different April Fools jokes I could do on the kids and Mike for awhile. It was shocking to wake up to Mother Nature's April fools joke on us however with 4-5 inches of new snow. It's always hard to take in the spring when all the winter snow has melted. Hopefully it will melt quickly. Last night I planted about 25 ping pong balls in the cupboard the boys get in every morning to get their paper route supplies. . . and they all came tumbling out as soon as Jake opened the door. Good one! I sewed together Cam's hat he wears on his route, as well as his snow pants. I put food in the toe of the boys boots. Jake had a great idea that I went along with (and felt bad about it all day!) involving his friend Corey. It was Jakes turn to drive to school, but I went to pick Corey up in the Pilot with Jake hiding behind the back seat. I told him that Jake was running late, so I was saving him a few minutes by coming to get him and taking him to our house. On the 2 block drive over, I told Corey that I thought he was a bad influence on Jake, that I could see negative changes in Jake that I attributed to Corey, so I didn't want them hanging out as much. Sad! It was hard to do w/o laughing, and even harder to keep up when I saw the look on his face. I can't believe I did it! After 15 seconds of awkward silence, Jake busted out of the back laughing his head off. Corey was very relieved, and hopefully he will still like coming over to our house! I went to the high school later this morning to move Jake's car in a different parking spot, and fill the front seats with about 50 balloons. Lastly, I shoveled all the snow on the driveway onto the side where Jake would have to drive to park his car in the garage. Seems like most of my pranks were targeted at Jake, and that's because he's the one who tries to fake me out most often with little stories, so I figured he deserved it. He was a good sport about everything. I'm already thinking about what I can do next year :)




4 comments:

Kylee said...

ha ha those are good ones. I can never think of things besides telling people I'm pregnant, which gets old. The ones you did are just fun. Poor Corey though, I hope he doesn't hate you now! No, he doesn't, no one could hate you. Anyway, maybe I'll have to steel some of your ideas for next year.

Nan said...

How funny! I want to be a mom like you. I realize how boring we are at my house. Thanks for the laugh. (poor Corey)

Jessica said...

Those pictures are the reason I don't think I could do Logan in the winter. And I never knew you were such the prankster...I feel a sudden need to watch my back round you :)

Jord said...

Those are hilarious pranks! I'm glad that you enjoy the fools day and love that everyone got into it.