Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Best day of the Year!

My favorite day of the year has come and gone, and as always, it was the best! The top 5 reasons why I love Mothers Day so much: #1. I don't lift a finger all day. I'm waited on hand and foot- no cooking or dishes! #2. If there gets to be the beginnings of anything I don't love (fighting, knuckle cracking- or any other annoying repetitive noise) all I have to say is "it's mothers day" and it immediately stops. #3. My kids and Mike (and even Freda and Mom) all write me the sweetest, kindest, most loving cards and tell me why they love me. #4. Gifts! I always get spoiled by Mike and the kids, and by Freda, and lately my mom! It's great. #5. I feel like a queen all day long and I love it!

Here we are having our first cookout of the year, and actually being able to spend the afternoon outside enjoying the WARMTH. It's been in short supply this spring (it was great to have Jessica's boyfriend Brad join in the festivities).
The only thing missing this year (and this was a BIG miss) was having Kylee and Brody with us. Talking to them on SKYPE was the next best thing. . . and also knowing I'd be seeing them in three short days!


We had a great, competitive game of croquet with it coming down to me and Brad in a shoot out with me being the loser. He didn't take my pleading that it was mothers day seriously enough!




Thanks family for making my day so wonderful! I love you all so much.

5 comments:

Nan said...

You are a great mom. Looks like you had a fun day. Jessica looks pretty cute with her boyfriend.

Jessica said...

Mother's Day is my FAVE!! I think it should happen twice a year. Love it. I can see a glimpse of the new look in the living room in the pic where you are talking to Kylee and Brody...post pics soon please :) And the picture with Jessica and Brad is ADORABLE!

Stacey said...

What a great post. It makes me feel bad for the comments I've made about my mothers day, which goes like this "Mother's day is a sham. It's a day to "celebrate" my slavery and bondage! Todd has worked several of the mothers days of our marriage. So who is working their tail off all day? I even skipped out on church to come home and clean because I didn't want to come home to a messy house after church while I was making my mother's day dinner!!! I did make myself cookies that day. So that was nice.

tutus n bowties said...

This boyfriend is adorable! Tell Jess to keep him around. I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Lindsey said...

What a perfect day!! That's so cool that your kids all write you a sweet card, that's priceless, AND that they don't bicker. Happy Mudders Day!