Thursday, July 8, 2010

Birthday, Anniversary and 4th of July

We've been keeping busy since getting home from our vacation having more fun. We got to attend the 1st birthday party of Miss Lydia, and it was a delight. Lindsey went all out to plan a fun filled evening. The games and food were great, but nothing compared to the DECORATIONS! To die for! So, so cute. I want to redo all my kids first birthdays. What a great memory (on video) that will be for the sweet one.
Mike and I celebrated our 25th anniversary on the 29th. I can't believe it's been that long! It makes me feel old to say we've been married 25 years! We had a fun get-away to the Homestead in Midway. We had such a fun time. We enjoyed relaxing, talking, eating, bike riding, walking around, and sitting in the mineral hot tub. I'm so glad we were able to spend that time together.
On the 4th, we invited the Bundy's and Peterson's over for dinner and games. We ate, played scum, had a tasty chocolate fondue dessert- which everyone went wild for (thanks Jordan for the idea/recipe) and went to Hillcrest Elementary School to play four square and ultimate frisbee in the dark. We came home and did fireworks in the street in front of our house for 1/2 hour. This is the first time ever that we've spent money on fireworks! It was a lot of fun, and we'll probably do it again in the future-much to Cam and Jake's delight.
On Monday the 5th, we spent a fun day together with the Searles, Skeens, Peterson's, Ericksons, Bundy's and Hatch's. We started off the day at the Searles with breakfast, America jepordy, sidewalk chalk masterpieces, and volleyball at a nearby park.
We next journeyed to our neck of the woods to play four square (again), kickball and eat little ceasars pizza.
Our last stop was dinner and games at the Skeens. Trace (as always) had some fun activities planned: skeet shooting, a killer relay race, frisbee golf, and fear factor. It was fun to be all together to celebrate Ann's birthday as well.
I adore that we live close to family and can have fun times together often. The only sad thing about any activity is missing Jessica. She's having a grand time however on her adventure in New York as a nanny. It's a real chore for her having to look at this view everyday from where the family beach home is. . .

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh looks like so much fun. I am sad I couldn't be there for it all, but your right.. the sunsets are amazing, along with everything else! What's with all this four square? I don't remember ever doing that before! Sounds like fun though. And they redid all the paint for four square and stuff at hilcrest? It looks good. Oh, and I like Emma's jacket in the four square ones. ;) That is fun that you bought fireworks and did them outside our house.

Stacey said...

I love all the activities. I don't live around enough family to ever pull off something on that grand of a scheme, and I'm not so much into getting a bunch of friend families together to do it either. Can't say I mind the solitude of doing small family outings but you can't play many of those games with 2 adults, 3 punks and a baby-soon-to-be-4-year-old-who-sleeps-in-a-tent!

Stacey said...

BTW thanks for the curtains! We'd been at the beach and I got them when we got home. Can't wait to have Todd hang them on Monday! Subtract the shipping if it's not too late, otherwise IOU for that.

Lindsey said...

You are such a good girl about taking your camera with you, I have GOT to be better!! Don't pay attention when I steal some photos from your blog. We had so much fun with our Sunday party on the actual 4th, thanks again for inviting us!!

Kylee said...

Sorry, I forgot to comment! I looked at it a while ago, but didn't have time to comment right then and just forgot. Oh well, it's always fun to get them late too. I love all the fun activities we do. Thanks for always putting them together! :)

tutus n bowties said...

You guys have been busy this summer :) Happy late B-day & Anniversary!!