Saturday, October 23, 2010

Harry Potter Trivia

I have a love affair with Harry Potter.  I've read all 7 books many times.  I adore them.  Love the movies.  Love the characters.  Love talking about it with other lovers.  When I was a leader in Young Womens, there were times when the first part of my lesson was devoted to talking about the most recent book or movie (because the Laurel class was full of devotees).  I have to say as excited as I am about part one of "The Deathly Hallows" coming out in a few short weeks (AHH!!!!), part of me is quite depressed about it because it means after just one more movie, it's over and done. Nothing new to look forward to anymore.  So, in honor of the movie coming out in less than a month, I thought I'd share my list of character names that have the same letter for first and last names.  I wonder if JK did this many on purpose?  Without further adeu, here is my list:

*Manerva McDonagall
*Severus Snape
*Mad-Eye Moody
*Dudley Dursley
*Peeves the Polterguist
*Nearly Headless Nick
*Poppy Pomfry
*Dedalus Diggle
*Pansy Parkinson
*Padma Patil
*Parvati Patil
*Luna Lovegood
*Colin Creevey
*Bloody Baron
*Moaning Myrtyl
*Cho Chang
*Gregory Goyle
*Florean Fortescue
*Ted Tonks
*Salazar Slytherin
*Rowena Ravenclaw
*Godric Griffindor
*Helga Hufflepuff
*Bathilda Bagshot
*Gellert Grindelwald
*Peter Petegrew


Can you think of any I've missed?

8 comments:

Nan said...

All 7 books many times? I need to get with it. I've read them all once and have forgotten half of what I've read. Maybe I'll read them all again.

Nan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nan said...

Oh, and does Nan Neeley count? How about Jake Jensen, Jessica Jensen?

Jessica said...

Wow.. i'm impressed you remembered all those! an i think my name should count! ;)

Kylee said...

What about Moaning Mertyl!! Aragog the Arachnid? Or does it have to be spider? Crookshanks the Cat. I don't know if any of these really count since arachnid and cat aren't names. But it's still a weird coincidence. Voldemort the Villan... ok now I'm just making stuff up. Good list though! You are so good at picking up on stuff like that. I feel the same as you... so excited for the next 2 movies, but SO sad that it will all be over so soon.

Lindsey said...

Wow! You're pretty hard core! I can't WAIT for the movie!!! It's going to be "epic."

Jamie Jo said...

Are we doing a Griffin Girls movie day? We need to get tickets soon if we are!

Vonnie said...

You'll be ashamed of me, but I'm really behind watching Harry. I didn't even see the sixth movie when it came out and I didn't even read the last book. I did read the last chapter of the last book so I could see how it ended, but I have a lot of catching up to do. I want to watch movie #5 and #6 before seeing #7. Even at that, I could never attain your status as a Harry devote! Way to go!