Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Fun

My friend Nan and I hiked this gorgeous mountain last week.  I was in heaven!  It was so beautiful.  There's nothing better than being out in nature.  It was a strenuous 10 mile hike that took us about 5 hours. I can't wait for our next one.

The day after the hike, I had a wonderful weekend spending time with Mom, Janet, Von and Carol in Yellowstone Park and Jackson Hole.  Mom had the brilliant idea of taking a trip down memory lane, since Yellowstone is where we spent our summer vacations growing up.  It was so fun go to all the old places and enjoy talking about all the fun times we had.  It was neat to stay at the historic 100 year old Old Faithful Inn.  The weather couldn't have been better, and it wasn't very crowded anywhere.  In Jackson we attended the Bar J Wranglers, and thoroughly enjoyed that.  It was a great get-away made possible by Mom.  Thanks again Mom!  It was so much fun. We missed you Ann.



10 comments:

Kylee said...

Ha! When I checked your blog it said you updated it 1 minute ago! Probably because I was talking to you on the phone about it right before. But still, it was the quickest I've ever seen. I'm glad you had a fun weekend with your mom and sisters! It was good to see the pics.

Vonnie said...

Great weekend, long to be remembered. We did miss Ann. Thanks again Mom for making it happen!

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I like your collage of pictures. I've thought about doing it that way before, but it's never really worked.

Nan said...

You took some GREAT pics of the hike. Your Yellowstone trip looked like a lot of fun. From what I can tell (the pics were kinda small) you and your sisters look a lot a like.

Nan said...

Oh, and I found out what NRT stands for on that Cherry Creek sign but now I can't remember:-) N is for Naomi and T is for Trail. It's the trail from Naomi Peak to High Creek Lake and down the High Creek Canyon.

Kylee said...

yes, I also think your pictures were a little small. You should do less pics per collage, so we can see them better! Just a thought. :)

Kylee said...

I couldn't click on the first one to make it bigger, but the other two I could. I think to change the collage setting you have to chose mosaic (or however you spell it) its at the beginning where you choose the size and space between pictures and all that. Let me know if you can't find it.

mary erickson said...

Good pics. It was soooo much fun for me. I will miss everyone while we are in AZ.

Nic said...

Great blog header, you are getting fancy! All your outdoor adventures look so fun & of course beautiful. Nice to see signs of fall!

Lindsey said...

What a fun, fun trip!! I can't believe I don't go there more often. Sisters are the best!