Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mike, Jake and Cam's Excellent Adventure

Mike and the boys had a grand adventure going to the MNFB game between the AZ Cardinals and the San Fran 49ers on November 29th..   The boys went to their first three classes on Monday, then Mike picked them up, they drove to SLC, and flew to Phoenix.  Kylee was there to pick them up, take them to Glendale for some lunch at her apartment, then drop them off at the game (which is 10 minutes from her apt.)  They loved the game, even though the Cardinals got beat (sad for Jake, happy for Mike and Cam.)  They had a great time.

The next day, Kylee took work off so she could spend the day with them. They all went shopping for awhile at a mall and had lunch, then met up with Brody for some rock climbing.  That night they had dinner and watched a movie.  When I asked Mike what movie it was, he struggled to remember the name of it and came up with "the weather calls for cheeseburgers."  I said "do you mean 'cloudy with a chance of meatballs?'"  Hahahaha  that made me laugh for the rest of the day!

I'm so glad Mike and the boys were able to have this fun time together, and to get to see Kylee and Brody as well.  I hope they remember how great this was on Christmas Day when they have a lot less gifts to open!

In other news. . . it's 6 days until Christmas, and 12 days until the wedding!  I have to say- getting ready for Christmas and planning for a wedding hasn't been as stressful as I would have thought.  So far.  There are still a lot of things to cross off on my wedding to-do list, so the tides could change.  It's been a joy to do it all, and I wouldn't change a thing.  It's wonderful to have Kylee and Brody here now, and to enjoy time together as a family of eight now.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Mike cracks me up! Enjoy this wonderful time in your life. It's not Camelot yet because there are no grands...but it is still fabulous.

Dani Em said...

looks like they had a blast! I can't believe the wedding is coming so quick! They are such a cute couple. Let me know if you need help with anything!

Kylee said...

Sorry it took me so long to get those pictures to you!! I'm glad they came to stay with us, it was a blast! And we are loving being home for Christmas! Thanks for everything you've done so far.

Jord said...

That is a great trip for the boys and I'm sure they'll remember it fondly on Saturday. Good luck finishing everything up!