Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Party!

We have been so busy the past several days having fun with Kylee and Brody-and lots of other family.  It's been awesome!  I don't want it to end!   I uploaded my pictures backwards, so I'll tell about the most recent activity first.  On Tuesday night, Gary and Nancy had a lovely dinner party in honor of Haley who was visiting from D.C.  It was great seeing and spending time with her.  We enjoyed a sleigh ride, ate a delicious meal, and played several fun games.  The six of us entertained ourselves for awhile having fun taking awkward family pictures.  It cracks me up looking at them- and it was even funner taking them.  Thanks Linny for being our creative photographer!




This one wasn't awkward (right?) but a cute one of everyone.

Kylee, Brody, Jess, Brad and Andy entertained themselves for far too long in the kiddie room at Gary and Nancy's. They had a blast sliding and rolling down this little hill. It was entertaining to watch.


It was nice to visit and catch up on everyone's lives.
Earlier that day, Lindsey gave Jessica a family bridal shower at the Skeen residence. It turned out so great!  The theme was "something blue" and so the decorations, some gifts, most people's clothes, and Jessica's hair reflected that!  So creative and clever! Good job Linny!  We ate, played games, gave marriage advice, and opened presents.  They got some great stuff!  Thanks ladies for coming and being so supportive.  We missed you Carol and girls!

Besides all the DARLING decorations, notice the awesome cake Kylee made!  Didn't she do a great job?  It was sad to cut it up and eat it- but we have the pictures, so we were able to.
Monday night, Ann organized a sisters cookie exchange. We missed Von and Mom for that, but had fun the 4 of us. We met at Bajio for dinner, then went to Ann's to exchange the dozen cookies we brought for each other.  We also made caramels and fudge.  It was a fun night.
The Bundy's came over Sunday for dinner and an evening of games, then Lindsey and girls spent the night and Lindsey helped with some wedding stuff on Monday.
We had a blast Sunday night playing candy bar guessing game, Christmas song guessing game, perfection, memory game, dip, dip, dip, clapping game, signs, sardines, and scum. 
We also ate a tasty meal.

It won't come as a big surprise to hear- with all the activities and fun I've been having the past 3 days- that I completely forgot to turn in Jess and Brad's information and picture for a wedding announcement to appear in this Sunday's newspaper.  AHHHHHHHHHHH!  I'm so mad/sad about that.  We may do one after the fact- we'll see.

I'm sure I'll have lots more fun and memorable activities to report on in the coming week and a half, then I'm afraid it's back to normal life. . . oh wait- that is after my weekend trip to Arizona the first weekend in January to stay with Kylee while Brody's in Brazil for 3 weeks!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Good post mom.. sad I didn't get to it first since you always.. I mean you usually get to it before me. haha Yesterday was a fun day!

Kylee said...

Yay! Great post/pictures. We have been having so much fun! I need to do a post as well, but just haven't had time with all the fun!

Jessica said...

Oh, and I was also going to say.. it looks like you guys have had more practice with the awkward picture on the chair one since you were the only one that could keep a straight face the whole time. You guys look like you've done it before or something. ;)

Annie said...

Where was I when all the craziness was going on?! Fun times collage queen.

Lindsey said...

Those family photos are HILARIOUS!! Kylee and Mike's faces are epic. Love the yummy dinner and I love seeing the photos from your camera vs. my camera, even though I essentially took the same ones, it's no surprise I like yours better. Thanks for inviting us along to so many fun adventures. Bummer Bundy missed out on so many but I'm glad he at least got Sunday :) Thanks again!

SaraPete said...

Wow sure looks like a lot of fun, sure wish we could have been there!! j/k of course, I know where we stand after that text you accidentally sent that once :) j/k again, you have such a darling family and do so many fun things!! Christmas time is SOOOO fun, and so upsetting when its over and back to normal life. Those akward family photos sure do remind me of another family tho!

Jord said...

You totally had an awesome Christmas and win the prize for keeping your cool through it all. I love the pictures of all the events and am glad you could have Ky and Brody there.