Friday, May 13, 2011

Everyone's together!

 We had a wonderful week all being together the first week of May when Kylee and Brody got into town from Arizona, and before Brody, Jessica and Brad left for the summer to go sell security systems- Brody to Oklahoma, and Jess and Brad to Texas.  We managed to coordinate our schedules to get together for an hour to have some family pictures taken.  Since it was during finals week for Jess and Brad, and the night before Jake's AP history test, an hour was seriously all they could spare.  Luckily Stacie was a pro and we got it done.  Thanks Stacie for doing such a great job, and thanks kids for fitting it in to your lives!  I'm happy with the way they turned out.
 

 Saturday night we grilled Salmon burgers outside and the kids had fun playing on the trampoline, which we had just set up that day- the latest ever because of the cold, wet spring we've had.  The boys left to go hang out with friends, and the 6 adults played a new fun dice game.


 (I'm not sure the tramp has recovered from having all 6 kids on it at once!)  Earlier in the day, I convinced
everyone (except Jess and Brad who spent the day with Brad's family) to go on a hike with me.  I always love getting out in the mountains and getting some good exercise.  Although it's too early for the canyon to be very pretty, it was still great to be out and enjoying being together.  And finally a day with no rain!
 I always look forward to Mother's Day.  It's my favorite day of the year.  Mike and the kids are at my beck and call all day, and I don't have to lift a finger to do anything!  It's great. Thanks Mike and kids for always making my day so wonderful. And you know the best part about it is getting the sweet cards you always give me.   We visited Mom and David before going to the Weyerts for dinner and visiting with all of Mike's extended family.  It was fun to be with everyone.
(the picture of the girls makes me laugh.  If you know Jess at all, you know she's the baby lover, so for anyone else to hold a baby instead of her, she gets a little testy.  haha)

This week has been a lot different than last with the absence of Brody, Jess and Brad.  Kylee was in SLC for three days having foot surgery, for a pain reliever study.  She's back now but has to hobble around in a boot up to her knee for 4 weeks.  I live for fun family times, and am so glad we were able to have the week together that we did.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I loved seeing all the pictures, especially the ones I hadn't seen yet. That was a fun week with all of us. Sad that it probably won't happen for a long time.

Lindsey said...

I sure love the color scheme you did for your photo. Fun to see the other photos of the week. Hope that was one magical week because it's going to have to make up for a long summer without 3 of your fun kids/kid in-laws around :)

Kylee said...

I thought our family pictures turned out great!! That was a fun week we had with everyone together, I wish it could have been longer :( Thanks for always providing us with such fun activities to do when we're all together!

Annie said...

Kid, another homerun in the family picture department. You're in Camelot I tell you!

Teresa said...

Loved the family pictures, that's crazy how you only had an hour to get it done but so worth it!! (I'm glad my bottoms weren't showing :) )

mary erickson said...

Great Pictures. I well remember having all the kidlets home at the ssame time. What fun it was. Happy for you.

Vonnie said...

Great pictures of a great family! There is nothing better than having everyone around. I'm glad you had some time together before everyone scattered with the wind. I love the color scheme of the clothes and such. Very nice!

Dani Em said...

great update and the pictures turned out darling!!

You didn't miss an update...I am just WAY behind! I just got it up! We are staying here for another 3 semesters!

Jord said...

Awesome pictures! I'm glad you got some good time together and hope you enjoy Kylee this summer.

Haylee Freeman said...

Seriously those family pictures look so great! I have the most stunning friend. We are sure going to miss them!!!

by the way this is alyssa. I am too lazy to sign out of haylees name