Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Easily annoyed?

I'm wondering if I'm unusually annoyed by things, or if most people feel as I do.  For example:  I've noticed that many people have words or phrases they say over and over.  One friend I have says this same thing every time I see her. . . "you surviving?"  Another person I know says "and such" at the end of many sentences.  Someone else says "to that end" every five minutes.    I'm also not a fan of people repeating the same thing over and over in the same conversation.  Do they have short term memory loss, or are they just trying hard to make a point?  I also have a problem with repetitive noises and sounds.  A girl in my Zumba class slaps the floor with the palm of her hands after most songs.  Huh?  Pounding, tapping, leg swinging, chirping, knuckle cracking, burping, chomping, twitching- all these things about send me over the edge.  What bugs you?  Or are you more tolerant or unobservant than I am?

6 comments:

Claire said...

You know, I have a friend who says "kind of thing" in almost every sentence. Drives me nuts, you know.

Kylee said...

Ha ha, this made me laugh. I didn't realize there were so many specific things that you've noticed that bug you. I may not be that observant, or maybe I just don't have enough people in my life that I talk to on a regular basis, but I will tell you this- what REALLY bugs me right now, is at work when I take someone to their table and they say "can we get a booth" (said in a really annoying tone, which is how I hear it no matter what) and it just messes up our rotation and makes things more difficult. If you really MUST have a booth, then please say so as soon as you walk in.... BEFORE we put it in the system and take you to a table clear at the other end of the restaurant. Or, along the same line, when people just pick their own table after I show them which one I'm taking them too. Are you not aware of the job description of a hostess??? We show you which table we want you to sit at, and you should just be happy about it.

Can you tell how much it bugs me? So, having said all that, I would say that you are not easily annoyed, or at least not any more than normal.

Dani Em said...

haha this cracked me up!! My number one pet peeve is bad manners...especially when eating! I can't stand hearing people chew their food! ugh. get's me everytime, to the point that I get the chills! haha come on people, close your mouth, take smaller bites, and cover your mouth if you have to burp :)

I am a lot more bugged these days...maybe that's the 9 month pregnancy talking but I am definitely feeling more annoyed!

Lindsey said...

How did I NOT know this about you? Surely you know that I am a freak with certain things. I consider it a curse how accute my hearing is. I can hear people stuffing their faces with popcorn from across a crowded theater!! I hear things that nobody should hear, and it makes my heart race with annoyance.

Annie said...

You ae so funny. All the comments had me in stitchs!

Carol said...

Oh no, I wonder what I say...