Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bike ride, cookout, boys activities

 This past Saturday Jess and I drove Mike, Brad, Jake and Cam near the top of Logan Peak and then the boys had a great time riding their mountain bikes down to Blacksmith Fork Canyon where we picked them up. 



 Jake had fun horsing around while the others were busy getting the bikes ready to go.  Even if no one is watching or thinks he's funny, he still enjoys entertaining himself. . .
 On Sunday we made tasty tin foil dinners in the canyon- something we've been wanting to do all summer!  I can't believe this is our first time for the year.  That's disgraceful!  We had a great time playing cards, eating, and making s'mores.
 During homecoming week LHS has a tradition for senior boys who are interested learning a dance from the Hi Lo's and then performing it at half-time of the powder puff football game.  Jake and his friends had a fun time participating in that.  He wore the blue wig for the powder puff performance, then changed it up with the blond wig for the pep assembly a few days later.  The boys also wear their outfit all day to school before the pep assembly performance. . . (yes, he's also wearing make-up. . . )  He rode with the Brickettes in the homecoming parade, and painted the street on Sunday before Homecoming week started.  Homecoming activities are always the highlight for the year for the kids.
 Lindsey took some senior pictures of Jake a few weeks ago.  She'll be doing more as the year goes by, so stay tuned. . . (isn't he handsome and so photogenic?)
 Cam is having a great Sophomore year playing football. After the first two games of his broken arm still being a little tender, he now says it feels perfectly normal.
I love fall which brings football, cooler weather, changing leaves and the new television season!

7 comments:

Kylee said...

Jake is such a silly boy and he didn't get NEARLY enough paint on him for the paint the street activity. I hope that picture was taken before he went! I love his senior pics and can't wait to see more. Linny always does a great job. I'm glad Cam's arm is all the way better! Let's hope he doesn't get hurt again for a while!

tutus n bowties said...

Your boys are so dang cute. I always loved Homecoming week. You would think Bailey is my own daughter with how excited I am for her to go. P.s. I heart tinfoil dinners!

Jessica said...

Camping was way fun! I'm glad we could go. Jake is so silly. Those pictures make me laugh so hard. Those pictures Linny took are great! I can't wait to see more. And I agree with Kylee that he did not get enough paint on him.

Lee said...

I won; I avoided the paint.


-Love Jake

Jord said...

You have good looking boys Lee and I'm glad they are true sports players/fans.

Lee said...

Isn't fall season just the best?! Sad I missed the cook out up the canyon. Remember when we played sardines last time? I love your new blog layout, it's so hip with the current color trends ;)

Lee said...

whoops, that was me, Linny who wrote the above comment.