Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Changes, turning older, and new toy

 About 8 years ago we planted 4 poplar trees in our backyard wanting some quick privacy and a way to keep the ball in our own yard when playing beach volleyball.  We knew they'd get too big someday, but we thought we'd have moved on by then.  Since that won't be happening, we decided to have them cut down before they got much bigger and it would cost more to have them taken down.  It was a sad day when we went from this. . .

 To this. . . in a matter of a few hours.  I hate seeing into our neighbors yard so easily, and can't wait to get some slower growing trees planted.
 Since we were in Rupert at Cam's baseball tournament on Mike's birthday, the Bundy's planned a fun evening at Porcupine Dam with us to celebrate Mike's 49th birthday when we got back.  Jake had to work, but we coaxed Cam to come with us for an evening of fun.  It's so peaceful and beautiful on the water. I loved it. 
 The spot where we had our cookout was so secluded and beautiful.  We had a good time eating and visiting.  The s'mores with strawberries and reeses peanut butter cups were a hit.

The next day Lindsey agreed to accompany me to Ogden for a day of shopping for my birthday.  I loved having my own personal shopper with me giving advice on what to buy- and therefore I came away with quite a bag full of cute new clothes.  Thanks Lins!  We had a fun day together.
 The next day, my actual birthday, I went to Bountiful with Freda and met up with Stacie and Teresa for lunch at Cheesecake Factory, then spent a relaxing afternoon in Teresa's backyard pool.  It was divine.  The boys joined Mike and I that evening at Texas Roadhouse for dinner to celebrate both our birthdays.
 Two days later I drove with Jake to Provo for him to buy a used scooter.  He's very excited about it, and it will be nice for him to have to drive around town. 
 We are finally getting started on our backyard improvements.  I can't wait to have a bigger covered patio, but I'm so sad that our side yard will be ruined.  It will all be worth it I hope.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Oh my gosh - those trees were huge!! It looks so strange to have them gone..

Jessica said...

hopefully you'll have some new, tall tree's before you know it! It will be weird having them gone though. Looks like you had a really fun birthday, and dad. How fun that you got to go shopping with LInds. I get so excited when I see you do a new post now that I don't know everything that is going on.. like jake getting a scooter!! Holy cow, that is cool. He'll love it! And, the way the yard looks. Yikes, but it will be worth it in the end. Oh and whats with the smores, strawberries and reeses? That sounds very different, but good. Who came up with that one? Pinterest? ;)

Kylee said...

Wow, what a hassle yard work is, but I'm sure it'll look great in the end! I love Jake's new scooter and it's great to see pictures of all your recent happenings. I'm glad you had a good birthday celebration!

Lindsey said...

Wow!!! Quite the post. Big changes going on, but all of them good....except for the poplars, that is a big juicy bummer. I am having those same s'mores tonight! Can't wait!!!

Jenny said...

We have done the same thing with the trees. So far one has come down, but I can't bring myself to cut anymore down. I'm not sure what we were thinking. At least yours were poplars, we have cottonless cottonwoods.