Thursday, March 6, 2014

February


I didn't do a great job of taking pictures of our Superbowl party, but our friends the Lesters sure did.  They have been Seahawk fans for as long as we've known them since they lived near Seattle for a time.  They were beyond excited that their team not only made it to the Superbowl, but won- and in convincing fashion.  We've become followers of the Seahawks since Jake's been on his mission, so were rooting for them too.  We watched the first half of the game at home, then went to the Searles for the second half.
My 3 cute activity day girls and I made these yummy looking (and tasting) Valentines treats and posters and they had a great time doorbell ditching them to 6 families in our ward. 
Cam had a fun time at the LHS Sweethearts dance.  His date's mom took some pictures of them at The Bluebird before the dance.  The theme of the dance was 'Masquerade' hence the masks...

Valentines Day snuck up on my again, so luckily Lindsey was thinking ahead and ordered me 2 loaves of colored bread for french toast and Cam's daily PB&J.  Doesn't Cam look absolutely thrilled with his breakfast?  Mike gave me the flowers and sugared nuts. I made more treats to deliver to neighbors, family and friends. 
I heart attacked Mike and Cam's bathroom with hearts, balloons, candy and a gift.
Brody was going to be in Africa for 3 weeks for work, so Jessica and I decided to make a quick weekend trip to Ft. Collins to keep Kylee company and to help her start getting her nursery ready for the wee babe.  On Valentines Day, Ky and Brody found out they're having a BOY!  Funny story- Cam said to me a few weeks before they actually found out "Have Kylee and Brody found out if they're having a guy or a girl yet?"  Haha. So of course we all tease him about that and refer to the baby now as a guy.  It was very exciting news and after knowing what they're having, going to Ft. Collins and seeing Ky's pregnant tummy, helping decorate and buy baby clothes, it finally seems real!  Hurray!  I'm so excited to meet the little man.  I loved spending 3 days with just my girls.  We worked hard in the nursery painting the crib, dresser and bookcase white (primer coat plus 3-4 coats of paint) and the walls yellow. 
We also took Sal on several walks, made a couple yummy Pinterest recipes, went out to eat several times, went to church, watched the movie Frozen as well as some of the Olympics and also some great family videos I brought along, bought some darling baby clothes at Gymboree, and bought material for crib bedding that Freda is going to make. 

The drive both ways went by so fast. We had good weather except for strong winds through Wyoming.  We enjoyed some beautiful sunsets. 
I sent Jake a Valentines package that he and his companion loved.  Cam has enjoyed some great ski days with his friends.  He's sacked out on the lovesac on a Sunday afternoon- exhausted after a busy week. 
My sweet adorable friend Josie came to visit along with her equally adorable and sweet boy Forrest.  Look at him!  How does he know to look at the camera and smile like that?  I could eat him up.  Look at the height difference between Cam and his grandma Freda!  My beautiful girls.  I love them so


2 comments:

Kylee said...

I love all your Valentine's treats and festivities. It's always fun to see Cam's dance pictures. Thanks again for coming out to help me! You guys are the BEST! Jake's package looks awesome, I'm sure he loved it!

Jessica said...

What a fun month this was! I love that you have a picture of the Lesters for the super bowl. That's great! You always do such a great job at making holidays so special and fun! I need to be better at it.. maybe once we have kids I will be. Fort Collins was the best!! And WOW, I agree- Jake's package is AWESOME! I bet he did love it! Forrest is so dang cute!! And I love the picture of Cam and G-ma.