Monday, March 31, 2014

March

Getting pictures from Jake is the best part of my month.  Here he is with his new companion Elder Flake.  The bottom right is what they look like when they don't get mail.  haha

We were so happy to attend the baptism of sweet Emma.  It was a very special day.  The baptism service was so wonderful with such a sweet spirit there.  We had brunch afterwards at the Bundy's, and as usual, Lindsey went all out.
We celebrated Brad's golden birthday a week late since he was in Texas on his birthday.  We ate, played masking tape on the nose, and do you love your neighbor. A fun time was had by all. 


We tended Lydia for 3 days while Ryan, Lindsey and Emma went to Zion during Ryan's spring break.  She kept us entertained and on our toes.  She was absolutely thrilled with the game of chasing me and Cam around and squirting us with a water gun Sunday after church. Cam's friend Parker joined us for dinner one night as well as Jessica since Brad was in Texas.
We went to the Weyerts for dinner to celebrate Tom, Cam and Teresa's birthdays. Jess was tending the Hess kids, and we had Lydia, so all the kids had a great time playing together.
Cam had a baseball tournament in St. George, so since this is Mike's crazy busy time at work (as opposed to just his busy time- which is most of the rest of the year) and Brad was in Texas, Jessica willingly came along as my travel companion. We had such a great time!  I had never spent any significant time in St. George, so it was great to explore the town for 2 days. 
We drove to Zion one morning to hike Angels Landing.  The Bundy's told us we had to after they did it earlier in the week.  I'm so happy we did it!  I loved it so much. It was beautiful, and enough of a challenge to make it interesting. 


 We climbed to the top of this rock!  It was amazing.


We celebrated Cam's birthday a couple days early so more people could come and party with us.  It was another golden birthday celebration which is incredible that out of our family of 8 people, 4 are celebrating their golden birthday in an 8 month period of time!  So it's been great to reuse the same decorations and candy.  We had a fun time eating, visiting, and playing who knows Cam best.  I made Mike, Jess and Brad be in their own category, and they all got the same score- 34 out of 43 possible.  Lindsey won in the other category of people with 32.  For fun, I sent Kylee and Jake the same questions to see if they could break the tie--- Kylee, amazingly, got 34 too!  So it was up to Jake, and..... he got 39!  So it's official- Jake knows Cam best!

 
 
 
We didn't remember about the photo booth until everyone had gone home except the Bundy's...

 


At 12:01 am on Cam's birthday, his 4 best friends surprised him by waking him up and taking him out for a midnight snack at Buffalo Wild Wings.  It was fun for them to be waited on by Lindsey.  I love these boys and am so grateful for great friends that all my children have been blessed with.




3 comments:

Kylee said...

I always love seeing pictures of Jakey poo. Emma's baptism celebration looks magical, like I knew it would be. You've had a lot of fun parties and celebrations this month! That Angel's landing hike looks amazing and beautiful! I hope to do it some day. I like the picture of Cam with all the kids. His friends are awesome.

Jessica said...

What a fun month we have had! Should I just copy and paste this for my March post? haha Lindsey and her parties... what can I say? Can I be her when I grow up? She is amazing. I look like a shrimp next to Cam... I still can't get over the picture of all the kids at Grandmas. haha so funny! St. George was SO much fun and I am so happy I was able to go. It was fun to get to spend some one-on-one time with you! And what are the chances that we have 4 golden birthdays in 8 months?? Seriously.. And I'm glad Cam has such good friends!

Lindsey said...

Mama Cita!! I am behind on the blogging world. You are SO anmazing at documenting your beautiful life. I am beyond touched to be such a large part of it. Which reminds me that I need to be sure to get some of these photos from you. I love all of your recent happenings and that I was aware of most of them and I don't have to rely on a blog to keep tabs on you. It will be a very interesting year to watch from this January to next and all the changes coming your way. :)