Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Trip to Richland


For the second half of my spring break, I flew to Richland, WA to spend 4 fun-filled days with my bff Janae. I had such a great time. It was wonderful to see where she and Ken live and see what her life is like now since moving from Logan in August. Because we were both trying to eat healthy she had purchased all the fixings for a delicious green salad that we enjoyed every afternoon while watching a few episodes of Gilmore Girls. We only ate out once the whole time I was there, so I felt really good about it since I usually blow it on vacations.



I stayed in Parker's room and for the first time in my life was surrounded by Utah paraphernalia. And I survived!  haha

Something else I survived was having Flash the cat sit on my lap for a spell...I didn't hate it, but didn't let it happen again only because my pants were covered in cat hair after he got off..

One morning we went on an awesome hike to Badger Mountain-the only "mountain" (more like a hill) in the area. It was cool to see a different countryside than what I'm used to.
This is a cool bridge over the Columbia River.
 Ken treated me to a wonderful meal at a delicious restaurant on the river. It was so yummy! And I did go off my diet for that meal and a milkshake afterwards!

 Ken and Janae's condo is a yacht club so their boat is parked about 50 yards from their front door. They can just hop on it and go! That would be so awesome!
Most mornings we went for a walk from their condo along the river. One morning this huge paddle boat was docked nearby.
Another day we attended the Columbia River temple which is about 15 minutes from their house.


We passed trees like this everywhere we went. I love spring!
I had never seen a vineyard and Washington has lots of them, so we drove past some. There are lots of apple orchards as well.
I'm now having withdrawls again from not being able to be with Janae whenever I want. It's so sad when your best friend moves away...Thanks Janae for the best lil vacation and for paying for half my plane ticket! You are the best.

2 comments:

Kylee said...

How fun!! I'm glad you were able to do that. It looks like you had a great time. Instead of being sad that she's gone, think of it as a new cheap vacation destination! (since you can stay with her for free...)

Jessica said...

I can't believe I was so far behind on commenting. I went back and commented on all of them.. just FYI. :) THIS is the reason why I love blogs so much. The times when I don't get to see these pictures anywhere else. It looks like you guys had a fun time together and did a lot of fun things. I am excited to start watching gilmore girls! I seriously can't believe you let that cat sleep on you! It's funny what some people call mountains huh? Aparently there are lots of mountains here and I have yet to see any! That is so lucky that they can walk to their boat! Those trees are so pretty!