Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Great Weekend #4

This may be our last consecutive great weekend. I know, hard to imagine, but really, there are no fun family things planned for this weekend. Unless you count USU's homecoming football game. . . and I don't. Or the boys merit badge pow wow. . . which I won't. So I'd better make this last one sound really good. The fun started on Wednesday night with the LHS football game in Ogden for Mike and the boys. Jessica went to the Bundy's to hang out and tend Emma and sleep over, while Ann picked me up for a movie, then to spend the night in Liberty with her along with Mike and the boys after the game was over. The boys enjoyed soaking in the hot tub, and even lured me in for a bit. We watched in amazement the discovery health show of the "treeman" with arms and legs that look like tree limbs but are actually warts. Yes, it's real! Thursday we spent the beautiful fall day in SLC- first going to the Hogle Zoo- a place I've never wanted to go. I'm not a fan of zoo's- and therefore have NEVER taken my kids to one. I was accused this summer by someone who shall remain nameless that that is child abuse, so I decided not to abuse my three youngest children, so we went! We had to do something outside since it was so nice, and we did have a fun time. We made a quick stop at "This is the place" since it's right across the street, then we had lunch at Rumbi Grill. We next went to the Bodyworlds exhibit which was very interesting and informative. We stopped at the Gateway for a bit before heading to Ogden to enjoy a delicious meal with the Bundys. A tiring, but fun day.








Saturday we spent quite a bit of time doing yard and house work, then took the boys to see the awesome movie "The Express." We highly recommend. Kylee, Brody, Jessica and Cale came over after than for a cookout of fresh trout (from a neighbor) and hot dogs, and a rousing game of scum. The kids spent a lot of time with their recently purchased new toys. Jessica bought a laptop which she's loved, Cam just bought himself an IPOD touch, and Jake got a new Wii game. We love spending time together as a family.








8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Mike in that hate is just too funny. Jake's face in the hot tub picture is a classic. You can totally see my garments under my leggings from the flash on your camera, nice. Jessica's screen saver is the funniest/nerdiest picture of Emma. The best was when she was showing me some pictures on her lap top and she had to scroll through hundreds of photos of Emma to find the one she wanted. That was fun to have you guys come out, thanks for joining us!

Kylee said...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the tree man doesn't literally have tree limbs for arms, they're actually overgrown warts. ;) I know that's probably what you meant. ok sorry to be so negative... I really liked your post! I'm glad we got to be part of your weekend.

Annie said...

Lee, you have to go to work to recouperate from the week-ends. I'm glad you had fun.

Lee said...

Ky- Ok- make me feel dumb- I know they're warts- they just LOOK like tree limbs. Happy now?

Lee said...

OK fine- now I had to change the whole sentence- so you people reading it now won't think I'm an idjut.

Jenny said...

So I'm a little hurt you don't LOVE the Aggies. Oh well, maybe you'll turn around come basketball system.

Sorry I didn't make it for the apples. LD went out of town Thursday so I never made it up there. I'll be back in 8 weeks and counting, so maybe frozen apple cider instead? ;)

Kylee said...

what's an idjut? ok sorry, I'll stop. Sorry. Love you!

Stacey said...

I must admit I didn't believe it about the treeman until I looked it up on line. It gave me nightmares and Todd was teasing Camdyn because the kids get warts from me (thanks Trace). Did the kids purchase those items with paper route money? Good for them! I take my kids once a year to the zoo. ONLY on the $2 Tuesday which is one Tuesday a month. In school the whole kindergarten always goes and I chaperone for each kid. Didn't your boys even get that? I guess not in Logan. My kids love the zoo and Portlands is pretty nice. That reminds me, Brody has never been! Glad your fun weekends are going strong.