Monday, October 6, 2008

Great Weekend #2

Dang! I uploaded these picts in the wrong order so I'll have to start with the end and work to the beginning- cause I'm not starting over! We LOVE General Conference Sunday. It's so awesome to just hang out at home and listen to inspiring talks and just relax. Here are Mike and the boys taking a break between sessions. What would conference be without our traditional picnic during the afternoon session. A great day.





Cam's football team played in a tournament Saturday in Roy. They won all three of their games to win first place! It was great with the exception of the rain the entire time- including a downpour for 20 minutes. Cam didn't mind at all, infact after the game he said it was fun to play in the rain. Boys!


After a six year absense, the BYU football team paid a visit to Logan to take on the Aggies. As always, USU gave the cougs a game, but still BYU came away with a 34-14 victory. I would have liked to have seen a real thrashing because so many people in Logan HATE BYU and so I was wishing they wouldn't have had any ammunition with which to rail on my beloved school. Now I have to hear how the mighty UCLA bruins weren't able to score on BYU, but the lowly Aggies were. . . there's always something. We enjoyed the evening game with the Romneys and Trace.

I went on another beautiful fall hike Wednesday with my friends Nan and Janae and a girl named Kristin I didn't know but who is a friend of Nan's. Now I know her and like her! We hiked Crimson Trail in Logan Canyon and I enjoyed it very much. It was a harder hike than last week, so more invigorating, but very enjoyable.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, I loved the traditional food we always have during the Sunday afternoon session of conference. It's a great tradition. Thanks for all of the wonderful meals and treats you always prepare for us. It's always sooooo good!

Stacie said...

I think thats an awesome tradition for conference sunday! I think I might have to copy :) I will for sure do your make-up for witches night out! I am way excited to be able to wear my costume to another place too! You guys look like you are always having fun..

tutus n bowties said...

Traditions are the best and thanks for sharing one of yours! Lee, you were one of the first that I commented on...I don't even think our blog was up yet. Double check your post about your many lists!

Jamie Jo said...

I love the new background. Isn't that your 5th? That salmon color is kinda what I want to repaint my laundry room in. Just a little brighter. Speaking of bright--my kitchen! Yowza. I can't imagine once I get the walls done. I did do the green myself so that when I sanded a hint of color came through. I was thinking I would have matching green walls, but went with that other shade. It is so subtle though, it will work.

We didn't get to watch any of conference because our Dish went out on Thursday. I wasn't about to take 5 kids to the church by myself. I'll have to wait for the Ensign.

I can't comment on LHS football, as we are Stangs. But BYU! Go Cougs! I have a funny story about Ryan and I and are Aggie/Cougar rivalry. But since this is already a novel...

One last. Who is that Nichole on your blog with the new twins? SOOO cute! I'm jealous. What darling kids. How fun to have two sets.

Call me. Let's do lunch. Or a hike.

Lindsey said...

I LOVE your new blog layout. I also love yours and Mike's conflicting shirts. Your weekend sounds very fun, not quite as fun as the previous weekend when we came, but still fun. Oh, and I didn't just come to Jessica's game so Emma could wear her cheer outfit, it was also to support Jessica. Way to shine the shallow light right on me. Oh, and I love Jake's face on the picture of the conference picnic.

Becky said...

Lee, it's Becky. Just want you to know that I'm a blog stalker of yours. You and your fam is beautiful as always!

Jenny said...

Okay, you seriously only live two blocks from LD? How pathetic are we? I always figured none of my mom's cousins lived around here, or maybe you guys all hated each other. Just kidding, my mom loves you, she says you guys were great buds.

I heard about the snow that is supposed to hit. Maybe it will be sunny, because the lord is smiling down on my return! Hey I can dream right.

I will definitely stop by and steal some apples, and if you or I have any Griffin blood I'm sure I'll take whatever you try to send me :)

Stacey said...

Those hikes look beautiful! Utah colors are gorgeous in the fall. Our colors are just beginning to change, and so is the weather. Cool and rainy. I'm wondering when my day will come that I can say I love LISTENING to conferance. I did make appetizers for the 2nd session and the kids loved that. Hope you have lots more fun weekends ahead!

Jord said...

I think it goes without saying that fall weekends are the best! Seriously, that is the one hard thing about living where I do....no fall! :( I'm glad you enjoyed the game though and stayed true to the Cougs!

Kylee said...

I love that last picture! p.s. did you know you can move your pictures around once you upload them? Just cut and paste (right click). And yes, I did copy your post title, what are you going to do about it? :) I'm really sorry we haven't "celebrated" conference with you guys for a while. April, I promise. Looks like you guys had fun anyway. It was probably hard though, without us there.