Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas shopping weekend

This past weekend I went on my 13th annual Christmas shopping weekend with Freda, Teresa, Jessica W. and Kylee. Stacie was unable to come because of Rick's illness, and she was greatly missed. Kylee got invited for her first year and had a lot of fun finding out why this weekend is one of my favorites of the year. I loved having her there. We left Logan at 10 a.m. on Friday and didn't get home until 11 p.m. Saturday. We spent most of Friday afternoon in Park City at the outlets (although most stores aren't actually outlet stores). All of us benefited greatly by having Claire's 30% off coupon to Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic. Thanks Claire! We ate dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, then headed down to SLC to spend the night at the Crystal Inn. The next day we shopped all over SLC-with Jessica only lasting til 5:00, and Kylee until 6:00. Their husbands rescued them- probably to stop them from spending any more money. Haha- The three remaining die hards lasted a few more hours until there were no more stores open. I love this weekend and enjoyed my time spent with these gals. Thanks for the fun time, and thanks especially to Freda for the meals and hotel.














This is Jessica's daughter Avery's loot. We always carry all our purchases into the motel room to organize and show to everyone. We were all the most excited about these clothes! She's the best dressed one-year-old in town! Since her birthday and Christmas are in the same month, she really got spoiled.

9 comments:

Annie said...

What a great tradition. Glad you had fun.

Jamie Jo said...

What fun. I'm jealous of Avery's clothes. This Christmas we are not putting it on the credit card, like we usually do. It'll be interesting to see if can shop anywhere other then Dollar Tree.

Jord said...

So can you say shop till you drop? I love your stamina Lee and am glad you got some good deals.

Vonnie said...

Good report Lee. What a fun tradition. Wasn't it wonderful to shop at the outlets where their prices combined with the 30% off card made for some killer deals? It looks like you had a great time.

Jessica said...

I must admit--you girls are crazy! I was just soooo tired! Maybe next year I'll last a bit longer.

Kylee said...

I had so much fun! Thanks for letting me come. I'll try to stay the whole time next time too...

tutus n bowties said...

I LOVE Christmas shopping. Especially in Nov and not Dec when all the crowds come out. Parkcity is my favorite! Thanks for letting Ky leave early to come play with me!

Anonymous said...

Shopping, fun, and enjoyable all grouped as if they go together? That's questionable. I would rather stare at little numbers on a computer all day long, year after year after year:) Glad you had fun though!

Shauna said...

I ♥ shopping! Hey I hope you have an awesome weekend! Check out my blog to get your awards with l♥ts of l♥ve from me :) ♥ Hugs! :) Shauna
http://trying2staycalm.blogspot.com/