Saturday, November 22, 2008

Vampires, Cougars and Utes

Today was a very fun-filled day with a very bad ending. Jessica and I left Logan at 10 a.m. to drive to Ogden and do a little shopping at New Gate Mall before meeting 12 family members for lunch at Costa Vita and the matinee of "Twilight." We had all read the books and were excited for the movie. All but two or three liked or loved it, so that's a pretty good percentage. I liked it because I went into it with low expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed seeing what I had imagined in the book (which I read several years ago so really had no strong memory of) come to life. It was fun seeing it with people I had shared books with and talked about our enjoyment of them together. The ages of those present ranged from 13 year old Taylor to 82 year old Mary. (sidenote: I would travel an hour any day to see a movie where you have reserved seating in the theatre and you can bring in any outside food you wish. What are we doing in Logan? Living in the dark ages?)






Jessica and I drove home listening to the BYU vs UTAH football game the whole way (much to her dismay.) I met Mike and the boys (along with about 10 other people) at our friends the Lesters for the second half of the game. The BYU fans were definately outnumbered, which is why BYU possibly did so horribly. Did I say BYU? I should have said why Max Hall personally did so horribly. . . It was a real disappointment- to say the least. I can't imagine being in attendance at that game. Sorry Romneys. Notwithstanding the outcome of the game, it was a fun day.







6 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so happy most of you liked the movie! Sorry your Cougs let you down.

Jord said...

Such a fun movie group! I saw it last night and liked it as well. And so sad about the game, and poor J who went to Utah just to see it. :(

Claire said...

I hope Cam beat the crap out of those kids.

Lindsey said...

Wow Janie on the spot, way to do this post first. Thanks, now I can steal some pictures. Bummer about the game, big fat bummer. I totally loved the movie and would see it again, if it was with a big bunch of girls or something fun like that. Thanks for coming all the way down. I'm glad you got a cookie shirt to make it worth your time.

Kylee said...

That's so funny that you guys would choose to watch the game with Ute fans. I like that picture of Cam's friends glaring at him. (And I like Claire's comment). Maybe if you guys didn't feel so strongly about one team (like us) you wouldn't get so disappointed. :) It's a great way to go. I had fun yesterday. Thanks so much again for paying for my food and movie. You're the best!!!!

Vonnie said...

Great review of a good/bad day. Funny pictures of Cam and friends and you & Mike and your friends. Have you ever attended the U of U - BYU game in person? If only it could just be a friendly rivalry as shown in your pictures.