Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I have just 20 minutes to get this post done and be able to say Merry Christmas to everyone before the day is over! We have had a wonderful Christmas Day and Christmas Eve. We spent last evening at Tom and Fredas along with the Nelsons and Weyerts enjoying a delicious meal- wearing our lovely crowns found inside our traditional English "crackers." This "soda bar" was a fun addition courtesy of Stacie. My drink of choice was Fresca with pomegranetes (sp?), lots of ice (of course) and a lime.
We love the additions of Jaxon, Sidnie, and Avery as adorable cousins for our kids.




We then came home to have a nice Christmas program with the 7 of us, play family trivia, pickle game, and open sibling gifts. It was all so much fun. By now it was midnight, and we had two paper routes to do so we wouldn't have to on Christmas morning. It's nice that the Herald Journal gets them to us to deliver by 11 p.m. on Christmas Eve instead of by 5 a.m. in the morning like usual. So, by the time Mike and I helped the boys deliver, and do Santa stuff, it was 2 a.m. We were all still sleeping at 8:30 when Kylee called to see if we were awake yet! We soon were, and proceeded to have a wonderful morning opening gifts and enjoying being together.
Jake seeing if his skis still fit the night before he went skiing for the first time.


When we got home from Tom and Fredas tonight, we enjoyed a real blizzard from inside our nice warm house. The 4-6 inches we got today joins the already foot of snow we had on the ground.

Jessica's timer on her new camera captured this nice shot of our family today- minus Ky and Brody.




Playing Cam's new game "Cosmic Catch." It's pretty fun. You wear these hand patches and the talking ball tells you who to throw it to. There are 4 different games you can play. We had a lot of fun playing it.




Maybe now I can sleep in past 4-5 a.m. since the excitement of Christmas is over!

9 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

That sounds like a fun day. The soda bar was cute. Wasn't the snow crazy? I had to do a stinking route this morning for someone, and totally got stuck in the snow. Have a fun day today with your new stuff.

Annie said...

So releaved to see the Jensen's didn't get coal or wood for Christmas....you never know!

Looks like a wonderful day.

Lindsey said...

What a very fun Christmas. I love the pictures. What fun age your kids are at, who needs Santa anyways?

tutus n bowties said...

The Holidays are the best and it looks like your family had a great one! That's what I call dedication to a job! You have your boys trained well. So here is my Christmas story I have to share with you because I think you will appreciate it most...I woke up at 5:12am wide awake with excitement and could not for the life of me fall back asleep! We had Nicks little boys with us and I figured they are still to young for me to wake up to get the party started. Years past I would wake Bay or Brody so that they could wake the parents and take the blame... so my only other option was Adam. He wasn't to happy about that. He just handed me my book and went back to sleep. I was relieved when the baby finally woke up at 7!!

Anonymous said...

I think I enjoyed this Christmas the most of any!

Stacey said...

That day sounds like classic "Lee style". What fun. You can get those knit hats at your Local Logan Target store! If you want me to see if they still have some I only go there about every other day. I can pick one up and send it in the mail.

Kade and Katie said...

lee, merry Christmas! it sounds like it was a good one! you are the cutest mom! i just love ya.

LBP said...

Lee,

I got your Christmas letter. It sounds like you guys are doing great. Happy Holidays.
Have Mike send me an e-mail. I have a question for him.

Jessica said...

It was fun to see you guys a little more this year! We had such a good time with you :)