Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

I'm slow in posting about Thanksgiving weekend because our computer's been in the shop- and now it's been so long since I've done a post, that I forgot how to do the order right when I was uploading my picts, so my order of pictures is slightly off. Oh well. We celebrated Brody's 24th BD on the 29th by having him and Kylee up for presents, cake and ice-cream and games. We're glad they could fit us into their busy, fun day. Brody's a terrific husband and son-in-law, and we're so glad he's in our family. Before that, Mike, the boys and I went to the awesome movie "Forever Strong." We highly recommend it- esp if you're a sports fan. It's a true story about a high school rugby team from SLC.
We ate a most delicious Thanksgiving dinner at the Griffins in Millville along with 15 or so other family members. We had a nice time being together with some in my family that I haven't shared Thanksgiving with for about 11 years. That evening I had the unfortunate experience of going to the movie "4 Christmases" with Jessica, Freda and Teresa. I tried to warn people that in my humble opinion the movie stunk and to stay away from it, but some did not listen, and much to my amazement, didn't mind it. I need to hear from other people who saw it what you thought of it. Is it just me?
Mom and Janet getting crafty.
You'd be hard pressed to find a tastier, all from scratch meal anywhere else but the Griffin home.



Cam played in a Thanksgiving football tournament in Brigham City for the third year. His team took second place. He had a great time playing, and as always, Mike and I loved watching him. This picture is of him making an awesome catch for an interception.



Jessica was a great help to me in putting up our Christmas decorations. It just doesn't get any easier to do, but the end result is always worth the effort. I love the Christmas season and wish it wouldn't pass so quickly.













I enjoyed getting up early on Friday to join Janet and Carol for some early morning bargin shopping. I went out later in the day with Kylee and Jessica when the crowds were much more manageable. It was especially fun to have Mom in town for several days and to enjoy her company. She stayed three nights with us, and we loved having her- even if we had to have our heat up past 65 degrees. . . it was especially fun to have her here to watch the Dancing with the Stars finale.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Your house looks great! I'm still coming by for those apples, hope you kept them in the fridge;).

Diane said...

Lee, your house is darling!Thanks for posting all the pics of my Griffin cousins at Gary's. I love your family!! love di

Kylee said...

I love your Christmas decor. Thanks so much for always inviting us over to do stuff!

Vonnie said...

Lee, your hours looks fabulous. I wish mine were done, but alas, it's not. I love all the stitched things you have. Good job!

Jenny said...

To answer your question, that is my house. We boarded it up and left it behind. Poor little house. We plan on coming back to it in the next year or so. Until then it is our vacation home.

So does your mom like DWTS as much as Lorna? She takes notes and writes down the scores and adds them up.

Jenny said...

The house is in River Heights. We're up here for Wade's job for at least a year or two, but plan on eventually making it back to our house. We did a lot of the work on it ourselves and just can't quite give it up.

Yes, my dad works at Miller's, but about fifteen years ago (give or take) he and a few of his friends opened up the VI, the Hyrum and Logan Arctic Circles, a VI in St. George and Northern Power sports (a snowmobile store). They only have the Logan VI left. If you're nice to my mom she'll give you a gift card for Christmas;).

As for LD's blog it is www.lornainlogan.blogspot.com. I don't think she knows how to post on it and when I was up last time, she left two days into my visit so I was unable to help her with it.

Whew, that was a long comment.