Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lets go CRUISING!

Our family had the BEST time ever this past week on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I wrote about 20 pages of details in my journal, and will do a fun scrapbook, so I won't go into much detail here, and will ONLY include 20 (or so) pictures. . . I will give a list of my favorite things:

*our port excursions in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. We did an awesome adventure in Cabo. We did a zipline, rapelling, and rock climbing high adventure. In Mazatlan the kids went parasailing, swam in the ocean and in a pool at a really nice resort. In Puerto we went snorkeling, and saw about 10 whales doing awesome tricks for us. We were within about 25 yards of them at times. It was so cool.
*eating what we wanted, when we wanted, and how much we wanted, and never having to worry about parting with any money (at the time) for the food or tips. Oh, and of course no preparation or cleanup!
*that it was just the 7 of us- lots of bonding and shared memories.
*the ages of all the kids. I don't know why anyone would ever go on a cruise with a kid younger than 12. Cam was old enough to do all the activities we did, play cards with us, entertain himself, etc. We love the addition of Brody to all the fun times we have. With two major family trips w/in 7 months of each other, it's quite the test of Jensen family togetherness. As far as we know, we haven't scared him off yet. As with everything we do, it's always more fun with the Hatch's.
*playing lots of fun games of shuffleboard, chess, cards, and yahtzee.
*beautiful scenery
*warm weather
*when the boat was rocking enough to make the ship swimming pool like a wave pool.
*cool night-time shows. Our favorites being an amazing and funny juggler and two-time world champion magician.
*working out by running around the track on the top of the ship.
*seeing the kids having fun and enjoying every minute of our time together as a family.
It really couldn't have been a funner vacation. Everything was so perfect! We're already planning our next one in a few years!

Kylee is going to do a much more detailed post of the trip with many more pictures as soon as her laptop is fixed in the next week or so, so be sure and check out her blog if you're interested in seeing more of our trip.





















































12 comments:

Lindsey said...

That all sounds like so much fun! I just can't even imagine when my family is to your fun stage in life. That picture of cam on the zip line is awesome!! Clearly you brought your nice big camera, and it was worth hauling it around even if for just that one picture of cam. Glad you're back!

Stacie said...

Glad your back safe and sound. Wow sounds amazing we are needing a vacation like that sometime soon! Can't wait to hear more about you cruise.

Annie said...

Kid, thanks for sharing your fun vacation. I loved the pics and want to hear and see more!

Vonnie said...

Great pictures. They make we want to go again, right now! I'm so glad you had a good time with your family. I think a cruise is a wonderful family vacation because all get to participate without traveling, moving around from point to point and dealing with food preparation, etc. You can just relax and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

For anyone reading this comment, be sure to enlarge the picture of us in our snorkeling masks and see if anyone in the picture makes you smile (or laugh). The small picture just doesn't cut it. (Sorry Kylee, I just couldn't resist. It's such a great picture:)

Jessica said...

What a fun trip! Sounds like you might need a vacation from that vacation! You guys did sooo many fun things!

Oh, and Mike--thanks for mentioning the pic. It made me laugh out loud!

Kylee said...

Sorry mom! I forgot that I haven't commented yet. Maybe it was because I helped you with the post. I LOVED that vacation, but you already know that. Thank you so so so much!

Diane said...

Wow! What a great vacation! I'm so jealous. Your pics were amazing.

tutus n bowties said...

Next time can I come? I swear I wont take up much room...just stick me in your suitcase. I'm so glad you guys stopped by on your way home. I hope yo make it that way soon! Love Ya Lee

Jord said...

What a fun trip! I am so glad you had a great time and family bonding and I'm sure your kids will remember it forever.

Kade and Katie said...

HOW FUN!! a few tears were shed as i sit here in the snow, warm sounds really nice right now! it was great to see you lastnight, livi was thrilled she saw jessica too. and i LOVE the suggestion for the kids scrapbooks from your other entry. i was just thinking the other day, "do i seriously keep all 20 pages she brings home everyday?" so your idea was perfect, i'll be doing that forsure! love ya lots!

Stacey said...

I'm not so sure what to think about the swimming pool rocking with waves! I get motion sick just on a swing set. Sounds like too much fun! I can't wait till Brody is 4 or more. That's when I'll entertain going to Disneyland, let alone a cruise at 12! We've such a long way to go. Time to start saving!