Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Fun

We have been having such a fun summer I haven't taken the time to blog about everything. So this post will cover events that have occured over the last 6 weeks.

Since the Logan temple was closed practically the whole month of July, Kylee, Brody, Mike and I drove to Ogden one evening to attend the temple there. It was fun to experience a session in a temple we're not used to. We only got lost a couple times. . . afterwards, we went out to eat at yummy Texas Roadhouse. How happy are we that there will be one 2 miles from our house in a few short months?

My sister Mary Ann turned 60 the first part of July (hard to believe, I know-- we look like twins except for I'm taller, right?) She threw herself a fabulous party at their "Neverland acreage compound" that we enjoyed attending along with about 40 other family members- including every one of her immediate family. It was so much fun, and will be hard to top for her 70th. . .
We loved hosting the Lakes for two days and nights per our yearly tradition. The kids all had so much fun playing together. We enjoyed lots of exercising, visiting, eating, and a fun party along with the Petes, Bundy's and Hatchs. We had a cookout, went to Lundstrom park for a competitive game of kickball, then back to our house for beach volleyball in the dark. It was a riot. Everyone had a great time I think (except perhaps Mike who did all the dishes while we played volleyball so he could watch coverage of the Tour de France for the day-- what a man! And especially Jessica who got to hold baby Lydia the entire evening.)



I got the thrill of a lifetime while attending the Utah Festival Opera production of CAMELOT and helping serve refreshments during intermission and after the musical with the Skeens, and my friend Janae. President Monson and his wife were coincidentally in attendance that afternoon, so because my brother Gary is the managing director of the UFOC, he arranged for us all to meet him and shake his hand! It was so awesome, and something I'll always remember. I only wish my whole family could have had that opportunity.

Kylee turned 22 on the 27th, and we had a fun party with the Weyerts, Nelsons, and Linny and girls. Mixing, I know- but it wasn't intentional. It wasn't as awful as I'd feared! In fact, I think everyone had fun!
Janae and I took our boys and some friends to the Logan Pool one afternoon. Everyone had fun doing tricks off the diving boards, eating pizza, and playing in the pool. This is only our third time to the pool this summer. I remember the days when we used to go about twice a week!

The day we left for Bear Lake, all my sisters and mom got together for breakfast at IHOP, and for visiting and family business at Mom's afterwards. I love so much spending time with family. It's the best.

Since Kylee and Brody moved out of their house on July 29th, and they're not leaving for AZ until Aug 17, they needed a place to stay for a few weeks. I volunteered our house, even though it meant Salomon the dog would be coming as well. If you know me at all, you know I'm not a fan of dogs (to put it mildly). We weren't sure how it would work out. Needless to say, we've LOVED having Kylee and Brody here- it's just going to make their moving alway even harder after being used to them being around more than ever. As for Sal, well, stay tuned for my next post to hear how that's gone. But first make your guesses on how you think I've liked having a dog on my property. . .

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your blog popped up red and I was silently cussing you because it was so hard to read. Then my stupid internet finally got the rest of your background. I'm not sure why I just wrote that, but I did. I'm glad it's really white and not red. Very cute.

And also I'm with you on the dog thing.

Kade and Katie said...

your family is stink'n cute! i love to hear of all your adventures and good times together. love the new family pictures, good job lindsey. and as for the dog, don't be dropping him off here....i think you and i love dogs about the same!

Jessica said...

First of all, I love that you were ok with mixing families at an event! Second, I'm gonna guess that you aren't too sad to see that puppy go. Looks like you have been having a fun summer!