Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas/New Years festivities

I don't know how we're all going to go back to life as usual tomorrow after all the fun times we've had the past two weeks. It's going to be tough. No one is looking forward to it. Kylee, Brody and Sal left last night to drive back to Arizona through the night. It was sad seeing them go. I am so happy they were able to be here for two weeks and enjoy all the fun time we had together. Here are some collage highlights:

I love decorating for Christmas and love seeing reminders of the reason for the season all around me. It really helps me get into the spirit of Christmas to see decorations, lights, and to hear wonderful Christmas music.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Evening at the Weyerts. We enjoyed an incredible meal Christmas Eve, several fun games, then more fun Christmas evening. It was fun to be with the Nelsons and Teresa and her boyfriend Brad-and of course Tom and Freda.

Christmas morning and afternoon were spent opening presents with just the five of us, eating a tasty breakfast, and playing "ticket to ride" a fun game given to me and Mike by Jessica. Ky and Brody joined us about 2:30, and we enjoyed opening gifts with them, then going to the Weyerts for presents, leftovers, and several fun games.

We had a lot of laughs over the week Kylee and Brody stayed with us, and enjoyed having Madi and Makayla over for dinner one evening, and the Bundys for several days after New Years.



We had a blast on New Years Eve with the Hatchs, Bundys, Caspersons and Petersens. We ate a yummy meal (if I don't say so myself. . .) did a fun picture scavenger hunt, played some 80's trivia games, and several other fun games. Lindsey had the great idea to have an 80's theme, and everyone enjoyed dressing up- esp Cody as he won the grand prize for the best outfit. I'll post better pictures of everyone later when Lindsey had edited them. Notice the awesome, creative cake Lindsey made. I'm so glad everyone could come and enjoy being together.


The best part about the Holidays, besides celebrating the birth of the Savior, is spending time together with loved ones. I'm so happy Ky and Brody were here to enjoy everything with us. It was wonderful to be with so many extended family members on both sides.

10 comments:

Annie said...

December truly is the best month of the year. You gave a very good recap. Can't wait till next year already.

Kylee said...

Cute post! I'm glad you got all those collages to work, they look good. It was SO fun to be home for Christmas and I'm sad we couldn't have stayed longer, but we had a blast and will miss you all so much!

Lindsey said...

That really was so fun. I'm so glad we stayed an extra couple days. It was just like old times, except this time Jessica had to sleep on the couch. Our photo shop is down so it may be a week or so on the edited sicky costume photos. Thanks for all the yummy food and good times. You really gave me a lot of credit in your blog post, you know I don't hate that ;)

Jamie Jo said...

That was such a fun New Year's. Thank you for going to so much trouble and expense to help us ring in the New Year. I hope this becomes a tradtion! P.S. Did anyone ever eat that cute Pac Man cake?

Jord said...

That is a great recap Lee, and I'm glad you could all be together for so long.

Vonnie said...

Looks like you all had a great time. The after Christmas let down is tough to face, isn't it?

SaraPete said...

Lee, thanks for such a FABULOUS New Year's Eve! We haven't "partied" like that in a long time! p.s. you spelled my last name wrong--sen :)

Nan said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. You sure have a beautiful family.

Stacey said...

I love how you summed up your holidays and those fun picture boxes, looks like Linny may have had a hand in that. I love how you've always made your home a haven especially when it comes to kids and family holidays or even just simple everyday life in the Jensen home. I want to create that same warmth here too. I need Lee lessons!

Unknown said...

SOOO CUTE--- We had a blast up in Logan for Christmas.. Thanks for your efforts in that. BTW love your collage pics.