Saturday, January 23, 2010

This and That

Here are some recent happenings at the Jensen household. . . A week ago today, the inversion FINALLY lifted on Cache Valley, and this is the sight we were treated to! Awesome! I loved the beauty of the frosted trees and plants. It was almost worth the weeks and weeks of not seeing the sun. Almost.
I got a short cut and color this week from Stacie. She always does an awesome job. I was ready for a change, and she did exactly what I told her to do, but I don't think I love it this short. Thoughts, feelings anyone???

Below this picture (I can't separate them for some reason) is proof that the dreaded day has come. When one of my children are the same height as me. Does this mean Jake and I should start seeing eye-to-eye on more things? Haha- It's crazy that I don't look down on him anymore!


We had a great time having the Bundys come to stay last weekend. Ryan spent Monday in Logan working, and was doing some work on his little work laptop when he got back here. I thought it was cute so had to take a picture. Also one of his short hair which is a result of his crazy 80's hairstyle he did for our New Years Eve party.


Whenever they come, Lindsey always volunteers to make us dinner. She still does it, even though she's learned that I always let her! We always love eating her yummy concoctions.
It cracks me up that Lydia is big enough now to sit up and be fed a cracker! What a big girl. As always, Emma is great to play with herself and her "friends."

Cam, Linny, Emma and I enjoyed going to first dam to feed the ducks three loaves of bread. Those were some hungry ducks! We had almost every duck on the dam huddled around our pier by the time we were done. I loved it. It was a fun way to pretend it's not the middle of winter still.

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

ahhh shucks! I sure do love this post...I wonder why ;) I also love your hair. It's fun for something new and fiferent. It brings out the skinnyness of your face. Funny about Jake being as tall as you, at least it's because he is growing and not because you are shrinking (like I am.) I love to cook dinners for people who moan about them and exaggerate how yummy they are. I have a new recipe for when I come next.
Mom, if you're reading this, don't worry, I will be cooking for you in AZ as well :)
Thanks for having us up! I'm bummed you beat me to the blog post first, now mine won't seem as sincere. Oh and that tree at the top of your blog...that earns a spot on my favorite things in the back of my journal.

Annie said...

This is weird...I got my hair cut just like yours, without knowing it! I also don't love mine. Yours looks cute. I just can't style mine good. Hopefully you can help me. Mine is tooooo short. Pray for me.

Nan said...

2thumbs up for the hair!

Kylee said...

yay, i love when you do new posts!! I like your hair that short, if anything for a fun new change. I can't believe jake is growing that fast! It'll be weird to look up at my younger brother. I also LOVE that tree. that one always looks AWESOME with snow on it.

Jamie Jo said...

I like the hair too. That's funny that Annie got the same one. Josh has been taller then me for awhile now. It makes me feel pretty ridiculous when he is trouble, and I'm craning my neck to nag.

Unknown said...

love the hair! waaaay cute. Sam's had snowshoes at Christmas for $70 bucks, poles included. Come out to my backyard to snowshoe one day!

Jessica said...

I love the first picture of the frosty tree! It is beautiful. I also love your hair short. I think it's a fun change! Oh, and I hate to break it to you, but I have a feeling Jake is going to make you look short.

Joyce Anne said...

Lee...I guess it is unanimous or the "I don't likes" are not playing. I like the hair a lot. When you bring the hair length up to the bottom of the chin, as someone looks at you their eyes stop there. It brings the attention to your face and really makes your eyes pop.

Vonnie said...

The hair is a great change and I like a good change. Great photos and activities!

tutus n bowties said...

I'm lovin the hair Lee. Change is always good and no worries it grows back if your not to happy with it. I can't get over that Jake is taller. What! When did this happen. I swear he is still only 12. HAha

Stacie said...

LOVE THE HAIR, love the tree and can't believe Jake is taller than you! Crazy how fast your kids are growing... Tell them to stop!

Jord said...

You are brave to feed ducks in below 50 degree weather! I love the picture of the tree though. It is breathtaking.

Nic said...

sorry i missed the sunday night visit! it was not a good day at our house. it was a very bad day! church had never been such a nightmare & we were spent. i wasn't about to wake the babie from their nap!

your hair looks super cute! & lovin the 80's get-up!