Friday, January 15, 2010

Slammin 80's photos, and snowshoeing

I had to show these hilarious up-close photos from our New Years Eve party. Dressing up from the 80's was so much fun. We awarded prizes for the winners (everyone voted) and Cody (with the mullet) got first, Bundy (in pink with z shaped beard) got 2nd, and Kylee and Jessica tied for third. It was fun to see what everyone came up with.






This morning I went on my first snowshoeing adventure since Ricks college. It was so much fun, and great to be out in the beauty of nature. I went with my friends Nan and Janae, and we hiked for several hours on Blind Hollow trail near Temple Fork in Logan Canyon. It was so great to leave the gloom and doom of Logan (otherwise known as the inversion that never ends) and see the blue skies and sunshine! It was so beautiful. I had a great time, and think I may have to invest in a pair of snowshoes of my own.



6 comments:

Kylee said...

Those are cute/pretty pictures! How fun for you- I definitely think you should invest in a pair!

Jamie Jo said...

Take me next time! I bought some cross country skiis last year for the same purpose, though I imagine it is a lot easier to stand up after falling in snow shoes. I might need to look into those as well.

Nan said...

You 80's pics are hilarious! I especially liked Jake and Cam. Today was a good time. As I've driven around Logan in the fog I've thought about the blue sky 10 minutes away up Logan canyon. Sigh...

Mike said...

Thanks for all of the holiday activities. Everything was so much fun!

Unknown said...

It was so fun getting to read about your fun holidays! The 80's party was a brilliant idea and I'm still sick about not being able to be apart of it all. Loved your outfit! I have always wanted to go snowshoeing but one of the many things I never just get up and do. It was good hearing that you had fun with it...that will maybe motivate me.

Lindsey said...

Fun snow shoe photos! That looks beautiful and is probably a great work out and nice change of scenery. Perhaps I should bring mine when I come next. But now that Bears and Prayers talk I just listened to has me a little freaked out. :)