Friday, August 6, 2010

The great outdoors

Warning:  I've got a new format for blogging, and I haven't figured it out entirely.  It's a work in progress.  Don't judge me!


This past week I was able to go on two great hikes.  One with my friend Nan, and the other with Kylee.  Nan and I went on the most beautiful hike from Blind Hollow to Tony Grove.  It was amazing.  The scenery was so beautiful.  We just couldn't get over it.  It was a hike neither of us had ever done, and for part of it we weren't sure if we were on the right path, so when we saw the sign that said Tony Grove, we were pretty stoked.  I loved talking with Nan for a solid 4 hours as we hiked in the beauty of Logan Canyon. 

9 comments:

Diane said...

I love the new family picture! Sooo cute.

Jessica said...

Dad's wounds are wicked! Sad for him. All those pictures are beautiful! And I love your new background. It all looks great!

Jord said...

Scary spill for Mike! I am glad that he is ok though. Beautiful pictures from your hikes though. I'm glad you've enjoyed the summer and the great outdoors.

Vonnie said...

Ouch for Mike...so sorry...hope you're healing up fast.
Beautiful pictures. I love the larger format. You're doing great with it!

Dani Em said...

Oh I love this family!! Bishop's fall looks a little rough...tell him to be more careful! Your hike looks beautiful, Hazy and I need to get at least one good hike in before the summer is over.
I still have a thank you card for you but I am waiting until Jessica gets back so that she can meet Hazyl, so I will be seeing you guys soon :) Enjoy the rest of the sun...winter is bound to come bouncing back soon.

Nan said...

Great post, Lee. I LOVED hiking with you. We'll do it again soon. I see what you mean, about Mike. OUCH!

Kylee said...

Yeah for our hike! That one you and Nan did looks SOO pretty. I'm excited for more to come!

Stacey said...

THose are some big pictures. Love the detail it shows. Those hikes look beautiful to me. Utah has some hikes that I think are just as breathtaking as the ones here...but only during certains months, where this is pretty much year round.

Claire said...

So I must ask: did you try out Live Writer? How's it working? That bike crash looks horrible. That is why one must never venture out of the house too much (j/k).