Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week at a glance

We had the pleasure of having this little one come to stay for a day and night this week.  She is so good, funny, entertaining, and adorable that we all just adorel her.  We miss you Lydia and hope you'll come again soon!
Here's Cam playing in his first high school football game this past Wednesday.  He started at cornerback and did a great job.  His team killed Bear River 54-14. His number is 1.  In the two pictures below, he's the one tackling the guy with the ball.
Jessica returned last Thursday from her 2 months stay in Deleware and NY as a nanny.  We're so happy she's home!  She had a wonderful experience, but is glad to be home (I think mostly to see Brad, her cute boyfriend)
I've had an excuse to lay around and read, read, read these past few days.  I had oral surgery on Thursday to get an implant on a tooth that had to be pulled, and also had a blood blister looking thing removed from my  bottom lip.  Between getting to go to sleep during the procedure, and the stitches in my mouth and lip, I've been kinda out of it, and in a bit of pain.  It's a good thing I haven't had much going on, and I had the latest in the Hunger Game book series to read- Mockingjay.  Although I had to reread the previous book, Catching Fire first since it had been 6 months and I'd forgotten much of it.  So, two 390 page books read in the past three days makes for some lazy days!  It's been great, but I"m ready to get back to normal life now!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hmmmm, I wonder if some day I will read again soon. I sure would like that. But first I need to keep current in my journal. Bummer about your sore mouth, and bummer I yapped your ear off on the phone and didn't even think that you probably don't feel like talking. Yes Lydia is a little love, but guess what, she probably won't be coming back anytime soon, now THAT is sad. Great photos of Cam! Digital cameras are divine. Looking forward to Labor Day. I'm glad Jessica is home too!!!

mary erickson said...

I hope you are feeling better. I did not knoiw Cam was playing for Logan High. Let me know when the next home game is and I will try and come.

Kylee said...

I like your cookie welcome home sign. I'm glad you are feeling better and that you were able to be lazy for a while. Those pictures of Cam tackling that guy were cool. Glad Jess is home, but I miss her! And the rest of you :)

Annie said...

What a beautiful little baby you are always tending! That was a great welcome home party you had for Jess. We loved the food and the f.h.e. Looking forward to camping Friday. Will you come alone if you have to?

Nan said...

Sorry about your tooth. Glad you had some time to ready. Did you like Mockingjay?

Jord said...

I'm glad Jessica is home and sorry for your surgery. I LOVED the Hunger Games series and am now 58th from 164th in line to get Mockingjay from the library.

tutus n bowties said...

Welcome home Jess! Cam is such a stud. I loved those pics of him in action. So, I'm coming that way in Oct...I will be calling you!!