Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yummy produce, fun hike, and good reading

One of the best features of our house, I feel is our backyard, and in our backyard, my favorite things are our fruit trees.  It is sooo divine to take just a few steps, and pick a lovely, delicious piece of fruit to eat.  I also love our garden which Mike so lovingly plants and tends.  Here are some pictures of what we're enjoying right now.  If you're worried that I won't remember you when it comes to giving away the pears and apples, don't be shy to let me know you want some!

Yesterday Jess, Brad, Ann and Trace joined Mike and I on a delightful hike to Temple Fork Saw Mill. The leaves are changing, and I dare say that you won't find a more beautiful sight in very many other places of the world than fall in Logan Canyon. . .






I just finished reading Pride & Prejudice for the first time.  I've loved the movie for years, but never attempted the book.  Now I'm wishing we all talked more like this. . . "we must stem the tide of malice, and pour into the wounded bosoms of each other the balm of sisterly consolation." or "and though she was not very sanguine in expecting it, the application was a something to look forward to." or "no arguments shall be wanting on my part, that can alleviate so severe a misfortune; or that may comfort you, under a circumstance that must be, of all others, most afflicting to a parent's mind." and lastly, the most eloquent way of putting someone in their place. . . "Allow me to say, Lady Catherine, that the arguments with which you have supported this extraordinary application have been as frivolous as the application was ill-judged.  You have widely mistaken my character, if you think I can be worked on by such  persuasions as these.  How far your nephew might approve of your interference in his affairs, I cannot tell; but you have certainly no right to concern yourself in mine.  I must beg, therefore, to be importuned no further on the subject."  Go Elizabeth!!!  I love her!  And I love, love, love the love story between her and Fitzwilliam Darcy.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Fitzwilliam. I read that book at least once a year. The movies are great, but they definitely lose a lot of the language.

Also, I would love some apples. Unless my car has turned into a lemon, then I'll just hang my head in shame and hide.

Jamie Jo said...

I'm so glad you finally read that. It has always been one of my favorites!

Kylee said...

I'm so sad to miss another Logan fall! But that's ok, I'll just see it in your pictures! I wish I could have some of your produce too.

Vonnie said...

Great update. Good food, good times, good company. See you later this week!

Jessica said...

darn you beat me to it... like always! That was a very fun hike! Thanks for letting us come!

Jord said...

That produce is amazing! It puts my poor garden box to shame. I can't believe you never read Pride and Prejudice either, but glad you loved it. Their language is definitely an improvement on the text talk of today.

Lindsey said...

Fall hikes and produce are the best!! Everyone is always so sad when summer is over, but fall is the next best thing. Glad you're making the most of it.

Vonnie said...

Good report Lee. Amazing produce, beautiful scenery and great reading. P&P is one of my all time favorites. If only we spoke like that now.