Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend in Arizona

I am going to do this post about my trip to Arizona to visit Kylee before I do the wedding post, because I'm still waiting to get edited photos from the wedding before I do that.  But I have the day to myself (Saturday) as Mike took the boys along w/ other YM and leaders to Powder Mountain skiing today.  The boys were so excited to go somewhere other than Beaver- the only place they've ever been.  I have a long list of projects, cleaning and shopping I want to get done- this being one (and now I'm actually posting this on Sunday- so know that I did get most of my long list of things done, and that's why I didn't get this post done until Sunday morning!)

Since Brody was going to be in Brazil for three weeks for school, I thought I'd go to Arizona and keep Kylee company for a few days.  I'm so glad I did!  We had a great time together. I arrived Thursday afternoon.  We went to the early show of "Tangled" (LOVE it) then made a big salad for dinner, then took Sal on a walk.  On Saturday, we spent the day in Mesa visiting family and friends.  We had lunch at Nello's with the Frost girls.  I loved seeing them and catching up. Aren't they both gorgeous?  I hadn't seen Madison since Kylee's wedding as she was on her mission last year when I came for a visit.  We then visited Mom, David, Paul and DeNae, and that was enjoyable as well.  We then spent several hours with the Hoffmans, going to dinner with Lorene, Alyssa and Haylee (do Alyssa and Haylee look more alike than Ky and Jessica do? And do Kristie and Madison look more like sisters rather than mother/daughter?) We had such a fun time- as always. I  can't express how much I miss my Mesa friends.



On Friday, Ky took the day off so we could spend all day together.  We first went for a challenging hike to Camelback mountain.  It was such a great hike!  And such a beautiful day.  I loved being outside in my short sleeve shirt enjoying a great hike w/ Ky and Salomon.  We then spent several hours shopping, then ate out at a yummy Mexican restaurant (joined by Ky's cute friend Meghann who's husband is also in Brazil) and went to the movie "Country Strong."
We each had some money from Christmas that was burning a hole in our purses that we enjoyed spending.  Shopping in a different city from your own is always fun, and shopping with Kylee was extra fun.

On Sunday, we invited Jordan and girls and Dave and Courtney (and Meghann of course) over for dinner.  We enjoyed eating, visiting, and playing a quick card came with them while Jordan's girls watched a movie.  It's so great for these cousins/siblings to live in the same area as each other.  I'm so glad Kylee has some family living close by that she can be around on occasion.   Thanks Ky, for the wonderful 3 1/2 days together!  I loved every minute of it, and I love you!

5 comments:

Kylee said...

Well thanks for coming!! It really made it easier to be without Brody for so long and I had a blast with you! Thanks for everything.

Jessica said...

Those three girls of Jord and Jake's are so big and cute! I don't think Alyssa and Haylee look as much like twins as Madison and Taylor. Looks like you girls had lots of fun together! Thanks for dinner and games tonight! :)

Vonnie said...

Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you got to see our family as well. Don't you just love visiting AZ in the wintertime?

Nan said...

Jim and Sarah are moving to AZ in August. I hope I can do some fun visits like you have!

Jord said...

You were a busy lady! I'm so glad you could come down for a visit and keep Kylee company. Thanks for having us over for a great dinner. It's so nice to see family whenever we can.