Monday, February 21, 2011

Life after the wedding

 I haven't been very ambitious about doing a post now that my days consist of the same ole, same ole.  There's just not a lot to report on!  But now that I've waited a month, I have come up with a few things.  Me, Mike and the boys had a fun Valentines Day.  I heart attacked the boys' bedroom doors and left some treats on their bed, and did the same to Mike's half of our bathroom.  I made a fancy dinner, complete with a traditional heart shaped pizza, then we went bowling and got an ice-cream at sub zero.  It was a great day! 
 The day after Valentines day, Freda turned 65!  Can you believe it? Jake commented on what a young grandma she is (that may be because he realizes she could be his other grandma's daughter. . .haha) We celebrated with a dinner the Sunday before at her house that Stacie and I provided, and she was greatly surprised with a visit from her sister Tiny from Oregon.  It was great to see the look on her face when she came upstairs (after we had lured her downstairs so Tiny could come in the house and be sitting in the family room) and saw Tiny just sitting on the couch!

 After 2 months of practically no new snow (but it mostly stayed on the ground because of how cold it was for the month on January) and then a week of 50-60 degree weather, it was shocking to say the least to get 7-8" on Wednesday night, then another 8-9" on Saturday night.  It's kinda tough to take when we get a little taste of spring.  Oh well, the groundhog did say it will be an early spring, right?
 The snow has been greatly enjoyed at Beaver by the boys and Jess and Brad, so I guess that helps a little.  We have loved having Jess and Brad as frequent visitors, and look forward to them stopping by any time. I guess it helps that they enjoy watching a few TV shows with us and so our big screen and DVR may be more of a draw that we are. . .  I do have to say however, that being home for the most part with just the two boys and Mike hasn't been as terrible as I'd feared.  We actually still have fun and enjoy being together, just the four of us.

7 comments:

Kylee said...

I've been wondering when you'd do another post! I LOVE that picture of Grandma on the bottom left of the collage on her b-day. What a fun surprise!! I'm glad you still have fun with just the boys. I guess they deserve some alone time with you and dad since me and jess had you to ourselves for a few years before they were born. It all evens out in the end! I'm jealous of the snow, but I agree, if it's not going to stay warm, then it shouldn't tempt you with such nice weather just to dump a bunch of snow the next day.

mary erickson said...

1I remember when we got down to four. Its nice to be more laid back, and get aquainted with the youger ones, and have more time for them. I am sure the boys love it. Mom

Jessica said...

We love coming over and being with you guys too! And, it is not just the big screen and DVR that we like (although that does help;)) But remember how we spent our Friday night with you guys? That proves that we like being with you guys right?! Grandma's reaction to Tiny was the BEST!! I can't believe she is only 65. I love the snow to ski on, but down here.. it would have been nice to see some grass and have it warm up again!

Nan said...

What a fun Valentines Day. You are a good momma!

Jord said...

You are totally making do Lee and I'm glad you have the boys around for company. Sorry for the snow though...maybe you need another winter visit down here?

Lindsey said...

I've been wondering where you've been blogging wise. Recovering I suppose. Love the post and the V-day heart decor for the boys. Can you believe this snow? Only one more month or so and we should be back to normal :)

Annie said...

What a lovely surprise for Freda. Her expression was so great! Love the fun times you are having with the boys.