Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We had a very fun Labor Day weekend.  Since Friday was a half school day and I didn't have to work, I got to go hiking with the likin hikin gals.  We hiked Card Canyon which was a lovely 8 mile hike.  I always love getting out and hiking with these great ladies.
On Saturday, we watched/listened to the heartbreaking USU football game loss to Auburn, then tried to recover enough to have fun at Lava Hot Springs.  It was fun being there with Ann, Caspersons, Petersons, and Bundys and Wheelwrights. 


 The funnest thing for me was floating down the river in a big 4 man tube that wasn't supposed to flip.  That proved to be incorrect as me, Jess, Brad and Lindsey were flipped coming down a small waterfall.  Jess and Brad were the worse for wear as they suffered many cuts, scrapes and bruises. Cam (in his single tube) has several falls, scrapes, bruises, and lost his flip flops.  It was fun anyway.
 Monday me, Mike, Sara, Cody and Trace went for a nice bike ride to the end of Smithfield Canyon and back, then I made a big breakfast for them, plus Ann, Ericksons and Bundys.  On the menu was breakfast burritos, yougurt parfaits, and scones.  We played several fun games of big beach VB.

 The 6 of us went for a hike on the Logan River Trail by 2nd dam while Jake and Cam stayed home with the 4 little kiddies. 
 After taking Cam and Jake out to dinner at Aggies, Jess and Brad were back from their cabin retreat with Brads family so joined me and Mike in 2 matches of ROOK (my favorite card game.)  If you know anything about this game, you will know this hand I got did not make me happy.  How pathetic is this???  We need to have a tiebreaker soon as Jess and Brad won the first match, and me and Mike won the second.
It's back to life as usual today with school and work.  It's great to have a break from the routine and enjoy spending some good time with family.

7 comments:

Kylee said...

HA HA!! That is a sad looking rook hand! You just have the worst luck with that game sometimes! Looks like a really fun labor day weekend. Wish we could have been there :( In that picture at Lava, it looks like Lindsey is wearing a birthday hat. One of those cone type hats. And the river looks like a blast!! I want to do that sometime.

Lindsey said...

LOVE your collages. You did a great job. Did you jump off the platform and I missed it? You must have, because you had a wrist band. My little tiny scratch on my wrist bothers me, I don't know how in the world Jess and Brad are holding up. We should have gotten photos of the casualties.

Nan said...

Looks like a fun weekend. We floated Oneida with my grand son. Your float looks a little more intense.

Jessica said...

Yay for a very fun weekend. I'm sad we could only be there for half of it. The river was so much fun, and it was worth it even if we got hurt!

Annie said...

Crazy fun summer times kid!

Vonnie said...

It looks like a magical weekend full of all the things you and yours love to do! Great times!

tutus n bowties said...

What a fun weekend/holiday! I love the pictures of everyone jumping of the platforms. Would I dare do that? It's questionable. P.s. I'm excited to see you this weekend!!