Friday, March 9, 2012

2 brides-to-be, 2 bridal showers

This adorable bride-to-be is Josie.  She's one of my favorite former young women.  We have much in common and enjoy getting together and going for walks around the neighborhood and catching up. I loved reading her weekly letters while she served a mission in California, and I especially loved seeing her relationship with her husband-to-be Rick blossom.  And what a guy- he faithfully waited for her while she served her mission!  It was my pleasure to throw her a ward shower a few weeks ago with the help of several other women.  I had hoped the house remodel would be finished, but there were a few things that didn't come together.  Oh well, it was fun to show off what we'd done anyway.








The following Saturday I hosted a shower for my cute niece Madi who is getting married on March 16th.  Her mom and sister came plus her Dad's mom and sisters plus Jessica, Ann, Janet, Syd and little Rafe.  We had a fun time eating, playing a few games, and watching Madi open presents.










You've just had a sneak peak to what the house looks like now- and I promise a complete before/after post in the coming days.


4 comments:

Carol said...

Such a fun shower - great food, great company, and a beautiful home! Thank you again!

Kylee said...

Looks like fun! I'm happy for those two girls. You're such a great host/party thrower! The bar and the chandelier in the kitchen look great! Can't wait to see the rest.

Lindsey said...

Man alive you've been busy!!! I LOVE shower food, and yours looked just as yummy as any other I've seen. Those stripes are sooo darling, just love them!

Vonnie said...

Congratulations to the brides to be! It looks like so much fun and I was sad to miss Madi's shower. You are a great hostess!