Saturday, March 10, 2012

Remodel is complete!

 It's finally time to do the long awaited post of our kitchen remodel.  It's been a 2 week longer-than-anticipated-process, but in the end, it's all been worth it.  I LOVE everything and am so happy with how it all turned out.  Here are some before pictures:



 And. . . . (drum-roll please) the after pictures:














 Goodbye old white porcelain sink and. . . 



hello new Blanco silgranit sink!  I love it so much!



 Here is the living room and entry before:

Sadly (or perhaps not as I'm sure you'll be amused by this picture taken in 2010 at our 80's themed New Years Eve party) this is the only picture I could find that shows the french doors before:





AND. . . . the living room and entry after.........












Freda made the cute kitchen curtains and did the awesome flower arrangement on the pedestal.  Doesn't everyone wish they had a talented mother-in-law like me???


This was our 2nd guestroom before. . .



And this is Mike's office now:



He is so thrilled to just walk down the hall to go to work now.  It's been especially nice when its at 4 in the morning, or late at night.  And, unlike many women I don't worry that he'll get off task and start lounging around instead of working- and if you know Mike and his hideous work load, you won't be worried either.

We had many trucks outside our house the past 2 months (and this picture doesn't include 3 of them which I failed to get) which meant someone was inside hard at work.  The electricians, granite guys, carpet layer, cabinet man, hardwood floor installers, plumber, comcast team (yes, it took three guys in three trucks to figure it all out), and our contractor/handyman Bryce (Brad's dad- and may I say what an awesome job he did on the arch, banister, back splash and trim work?)  It's been very quiet the past few days without workers coming or going.


I am beyond thrilled that we've been able to make almost all the changes that I've been wishing to make ever since we moved into this house 10 years ago. 

12 comments:

Dani Em said...

Oh Lee I LOVE it!! It is so pretty and I am especially in love with the arch and your gorgeous wood floors! So happy for Mike as well. And you are right, I think anyone who knows him wouldn't be worried.

Kylee said...

Yay I'm the first to comment!! I just scrolled through this post 3 times in a row just marveling at all the pictures. IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!!!!! I love seeing before and after pictures. It looks like everything fit pretty well in dad's office. And I think I've already commented on everything else, but I still LOVE it all. Like I've already said, I can't WAIT to see it all in person!

Kylee said...

oops, I guess I'm not the first... I was when I started the comment, but then I stopped halfway through to take Sal outside and then I forgot to finish it.

Vonnie said...

It looks lovely! It couldn't have turned out better. I love the color combinations and the dark wood floor, the darling valances and the back splash tile. What a great project to make the winter months pass quickly!

Jessica said...

I am seriously in LOVE with everything new about your house. It just makes me so happy every time I walk in. Yay for it being all done! I'm so happy for you guys to have everything you've wanted in a house, well at least almost everything.

Carol said...

Everything looks amazing- and your many talented touches are awesome!

Lindsey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE everything!! Seriously, so happy for you. It's been so fun watching the progress unfold. Thanks for letting us be a part of the process. :)

Annie said...

Good things are worth waiting for! Love that you're so happy about it. Especially love the back splash since that is the only thing I haven't seen yet.

Jessica said...

Love Love Love it all!

Jord said...

Impressive! I love all of your changes and am amazed that you did it mostly yourselves. WAY TO GO! I can't wait to see it in person (hopefully this summer)!

Jamie Jo said...

Just showed them to Ryan. So pretty! We can't decide if the cabinets are new or just refinished. The stripes are so fun. And you will love having darker carpet. I am back to that pukey whitish carpet that every house has. HATE IT. Your kitchen is great...if you're into that whole giant kitchen that more than one person can be in at a time. ;)

mindy said...

I was right when I said I'd be jealous. It is beautiful. I am going to have to stop by to get the real feel:)