Wednesday, March 25, 2015

February misc

It was so much fun watching the Super bowl this year since Jake's 2 favorite teams were playing each other. It was such a great game. We had an enjoyable afternoon at the Skeens watching it with the Searles, Alsups, Bundys and Jess & Brad. The banner I'm holding was a prize that Jaken won, but he was swayed very easily to give it to me by me offering him $20 for it! That had Jake's name written all over it, and it's hanging in his room right now just waiting for him to come home and love on it.

This is what the snow situation looked the first part of February! Not a drop of snow. It was an incredibly warm and dry winter and I could not have been happier about it!

I planned a fun Valentines themed daddy/daughter dinner party for my 3 activity days girls and their dads. They all had a great time.

I finished my second blog book and was so happy when it came in the mail. It's a lot of work, but the finished product just can't be beat! This is the front...
and this is the back.
Mike has the easiest hair in the world to cut. Every hairdresser always says how easy and quick his hair is to cut. So he got tired of trying to fit haircuts into his schedule and having to pay $10-15 every 5 or 6 weeks for a 5 minute haircut. Since Jake has perfected the art of cutting his own hair since he's been on his mission, and since Brad cuts his own hair, Mike thought he'd give it a try. So, with Brad's help (and clippers) he did.There was more to it than he thought, and it took longer than if he would have had it done professionally, but he's willing to keep trying it. One important lesson he learned is to ditch the towel and shirt and cut it w/ no shirt on.

It was a thrilling day when Jake's official release date arrived in the mail. But I still can't think about it too much yet...
After almost 2 months of no snow, it was very fun to get this beautiful snow storm. Just knowing it won't stick around for too long makes it so much more bearable.






2 comments:

Kylee said...

Those snow pictures are so pretty!! As much as it was so nice to have such a nice, warm winter, I did miss the beauty of snow. I can't believe Jake will be home in TWO MONTHS!!! I like the picture of dad cutting his own hair. That'll be great if he can just do that from now on. The banner you got for Jake is perfect!! He's gonna love it. I hope you didn't tell him about it so it will just be a surprise for him.

Jessica said...

I agree with Ky- I hope you didn't tell Jake about the banner. That will be fun for him! And this winter was THE best! I do love the snow, if only it could just snow on the grass and trees and nowhere else. That would be nice! Yay for your blog book. It is definitely worth the hard work! Has dad still been cutting his own hair? how has that been going?