Friday, March 20, 2015

Yevon's 60th birthday celebration

Von turned 60 on March 5, so planned a fun weekend to celebrate. Our cousin Janis volunteered her awesome new home in Springville in Hobble Creek Canyon for the occasion. So what had previously been a weekend with just the sisters and mom, turned into a weekend with nieces as well. Those who came were: mom, me, Jess, Janet, Syd, Tina, Linny, Jamie, Rachel, Madi and Chelsea. Some of us arrived on Thursday night and the rest came at different times Friday.  It was so much fun to stay in the biggest house I've ever been in and have so much space for everyone.






This is the master bedroom where Jess and I stayed. It was so beautiful. The view out the windows of the mountain was just gorgeous. However, if I lived there, I would have to put curtains up immediately!

The 7 acres surrounding the house are so cool. It was fun to walk around and check everything out.


After taking a lovely walk in the canyon Friday morning, we went to lunch at an awesome restaurant in downtown Springville, then checked out the Springville museum which was really cool.

The rest of the day was spent being outside enjoying the awesome weather, going for another walk (just me and Janet), making a craft, visiting, eating dinner and playing a trivia game about Yevon.

The next day most of us went for another walk in the canyon, which was so wonderfully refreshing and fun.


We got ready for the day and straightened the house, then had a make up demonstration by the beautiful and talented Chelsea. I need to step up my makeup routine...

We then all met at an amazing Thai restaurant in Orem joined by Rick, Janis, some of Rick's family and a few of Von's friends. We had a lovely lunch (Rick's treat-that was so sweet of him) and all shared a memory with Von or something we admire or appreciate about her. It was so neat to hear everyone's tribute to an amazing person. I loved it.



This group then went to the awesome outlet stores across from Thanksgiving point.(It looks like I'm the only one who bought anything... but I wasn't!)



It was such a fun weekend and I'm so happy I was able to spend it with so many people I love. Thanks Von for being such a wonderful, caring, concerned and supportive sister.


4 comments:

Niki said...

This place look beautiful and like it was so much fun! Just curious- would you have to put curtains up because of privacy? I hate it so much when people don't close the curtains at night! Hello! Anyone walking by can see you! It freaks me out!

Vonnie said...

Thanks for the shout out Lee and the nice write up of the birthday extravaganza! It was such a fun weekend, not to be forgotten. Thanks for taking a day off work and bringing Jessica with you. I Love you two, too!

Kylee said...

Looks like a fun weekend! It was good to see some pictures to go along with the description you gave.

Jessica said...

AH!!!! How am I THIS far behind on commenting????? I am sorry- I am the worst. I guess we know who the best daughter is.. and it's not me. I shouldn't blame it on this, but I really need to stop looking at your posts on my phone because then I forget to get on here to put a comment. But, this was a VERY fun little get together with family! I'm glad I was able to go!