Friday, August 7, 2015

July

We had a great 4th of July weekend- even though Jake was gone to Jackson Hole for his job with Fireworks West and it was just Mike and I. We started off the fun on the 3rd with a cookout at our house and then watching fireworks in the Broadbents backyard. The next day we had a tasty breakfast at the Skeens, then about 25 of us headed to the Oneida Narrows to float the river. It was my first time and it was a blast! I can't believe I haven't done it before. I hadn't wanted to go since Mike wasn't interested and none of our kids would be there, but I'm so glad I did.



 
 The next day, Sunday the 5th, Ann invited us all over to celebrate her 66th birthday with an amazing turkey dinner. I'm SO glad I have extended family who live in Cache Valley.
 

 
One Sunday I organized a cookout in the canyon for extended family, and once again Jake was out of town and couldn't come! He was so busy the entire month with his 2 jobs. I got spoiled the first 10 days he was home before he started working with having him around all the time. But I'm not really complaining- because I'm just so happy he's home that I'll take what I can get!

 





Whenever Jake is home in the evening, this is where you're sure to find us- catching up on all the TV shows and movies he missed in the last 2 years. It's gonna take awhile...this is one of my favorite things to do with him- especially comedies. I love his laugh.

We FINALLY sold this beauty- a 2000 Ford Ranger that Mike has driven for the last 8 years- with the last 1 1/2 years being dealing with it not going into reverse...We sold it to the first person who came to look at it- about 30 minutes after we posted it on KSL. We made a whooping $850 on it (since the transmission needed replaced...)




A couple weeks later we made a big step up with the 2014 Hyundai Sonata. I love it SO
 much and am very excited to drive it around (although I still love the Pilot. This just gets better gas mileage). 
 The same day we got the car, we also got this cargo box for the Pilot. I can't believe we've lived without it for the past 5 years!
Cam continues to do well in Chicago. He's loving his mission! He got his nerve up and held this boa constrictor... yikes!
 
 This would be more my speed...
 Haha! How great is this?

 
I always have to include some pictures of my favorite little boy- and his awesome parents...
(this picture is one of my all-time favorites..)
 On the 4th of July. Evan loved the parade!

 He also loved going camping for the first time- until it came time to sleep through the night. Then he didn't like that so much...

 Who knew a plastic walker could turn into an ATV? haha
 I love this picture- Brody is such a great daddy.
 
 How cute is this??? They're the same height! Sal probably loves that!
 This face! Oh man- it just melts my heart.

 This is my current ipad screen saver and it makes me so happy every time I open it.
 Not so happy being confined to the pack-n-play...




2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you had a great 4th with just the two of you. I love your flag banner! And I cant wait to float the Oneida Rivers! It really is so fun having so many family members in Cache Valley. The cookout in the canyon looks fun. Can we have a few of those this fall?? I lOVE LOVE your new car and can't wait to see it in person! I always love seeing pictures of Cam and Evan.

Kylee said...

I'm jealous about the Narrows. It looks so fun! I hope we can do that someday. I love your new car and the cargo box is great! I think you'll love it. I hadn't seen that picture of Cam with the Lee Jensen sign. That's funny.