Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Trip to Ft. Collins and Louisville- part 2

Ky and Evan took me to the Denver airport Wednesday afternoon and I caught a flight to Louisville to spend 5 days with Jess and Brad. (well, mostly Jess since Brad worked every day until 11-12pm except Sunday). I was so happy to visit a state I hadn't been to before. Our first day was packed with fun activities. We started off the day with a walk from her apartment to a nearby neighborhood that was so cool! I loved it.


We then met up with her friend Mindi, her 2 girls and her parents who coincidentally were also visiting from Utah. We had lunch at THE best place ever (well, next to Zupas...)- Tom + Chee. I loved it so much and wish there was one in Logan (or anywhere in Utah...) It was SO good. Grilled turkey pesto and creamy dill tomato soup with a s'more grilled donut for dessert! C'mon- doesn't that sound amazing?


We then went down to the waterfront and walked on the bridge that goes across the Ohio River into Indiana. We didn't walk all the way across because it was pretty hot, but we decided to come back one  evening before I left.



We then went to the Louisville Slugger museum which was so cool! That bat is HUGE!
Here are some facts about it...
I was in awe driving around everywhere at how pretty and green everything is. This is one of my favorite places we went. This is the road leading up to some nice homes. I would be in heaven if I could drive on this road every day!

We then went out for ice-cream to celebrate Mindi's birthday with some other Vivint wives and their kids, then Jess and I did some shopping and finally made it home at 9:30 for some dinner. It was a great day!

The next day (Friday) we went for another walk, then met up with Mindi and her family for a fun day in Indiana. We went to Huber Family Farms and Winery for a tractor ride out to pick our own blackberries and peaches. It was so fun!


We had lunch and ice-cream then went to another town to a cool ole candy shop and watched candy being made, and of course bought some.
Met and Jess then rushed to get to the 6:00 session at the temple. We made dinner that night and invited Mindi and her family over.
Jess and I left Saturday morning for Indianapolis and the new temple open house. I'm glad we went. We did a little shopping before heading back to Louisville to then do even more shopping!
On Sunday we went to church, then had a pool party for Kamrie (Mindi's daughter) ate out at a delicious pizza place, then went back to the water front to walk across the bridge. I'm so glad we did. It was great to spend some time with Brad finally! I really wish Logan had something cool like this to do...

Jess and I spent the day in Nashville on Monday. It was fun to see the places I've heard about. We also squeezed in some shopping since that's our thing... :)



 Since it was 100 degrees outside, we didn't get out and walk around downtown but let a drive up and down the main street suffice.
On our way home we stopped at Mammoth Cave National Park. We just missed the last tour of the day, so just walked around and found the mouth of the cave. It was so beautiful there.

I spent all of Tuesday traveling home after a nice walk and lunch with Jess. I had a 1 hour flight to Detroit, a 3 hour layover, a 4 hour flight to SLC (sandwiched in the middle seat between 2 men) and a 1 1/2 hour drive to Logan. Thanks to Jake's company and a stop at Zupas that was my favorite part of the day! The Detroit airport was SO cool. They had this cool tunnel between gates with a moving sidewalk, flashing/changing lights and cool music.

I'm so happy I could spend this time w/ Jess. I had so much fun with her. She's a great host and had so many fun things planned.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I've said it once (or more) and I'll say it again... I LOVED having you here!! It was a blast! So happy you came and that we were able to do so many things while you were here. Thanks for making the trip!

Kylee said...

Looks like such a fun trip!