Friday, August 7, 2015

Trip to Ft. Collins and Louisville- part 1

Mike and I drove to Ft. Collins (in our awesome new car) on July 24th to help celebrate Evan's 1st birthday. But before I tell about our weekend there, here are some adorable 1 one year old photos Ky took of him. I LOVE them!
 
 

And this is what she did for him on his actual birthday. She said he was in heaven!

 
 He's so smart! He already knows how old he is!!! (actually, he just likes to point...;)
I'm so happy we could be there! Brody's parents were there as well, so that night we met up at a restaurant in Old Town then went to Ky and Brody's after and put Evan to bed and played Telestrations. The next day we went on a walk then between Evan's naps we went for a swim at Varsi and Con's hotel.

Ky went to SOOO much work for this party and it was absolutely amazing. I loved every little detail. The theme was "The Hungry Caterpillar." It was so so cute.





Evan was not at all interested in eating his birthday cake at first. He kept turning away from it and from Brody offering him a taste. As soon as he was given a spoon however, he was all about it! He's not a cave man afterall!




It was so fun watching him destroy the cake. And seriously, not that much went into his mouth. He had more fun playing than eating.
 He got quite spoiled with many gifts from family and friends. I love this way to track his age...Ky will do this for the next several years adding one balloon a year.
Mike only stayed until Sunday afternoon, but he loved his time spent with sweet Evan, Ky and Brody.
 
 I stayed an extra three days and it was heaven! I spent my whole time playing with Evan and I loved every minute. I was alone with him for almost 24 hours while Ky and Brody hiked Long's peak. What a great accomplishment and a great way for Ky to celebrate her 28th birthday.
 We had fun playing on my blow up mattress every morning when I got up with him. He loved looking at pictures and videos on my ipad and especially loved looking at the lock screen picture of Cam.
 

He got this swing for his birthday and he's always so happy when he's in it.
 
 He loves crawling around the back yard or holding my hand while he walks, and he loves eating rocks or finding a stick to hold which Sal inevitably takes away from him and eats!
 
 He doesn't so much like when I take the rocks away from him and won't let him eat them...
 
 I love his new birthday shoes from Ann.
 He takes after his Uncle Jake with his love of watermelon. He too eats it down to the rind.
 
 He loves playing with all his new toys.

 I loved going on a walk every morning.
 

 
I was so happy to be in town for Ky's birthday! When Ky and Brody got home from their hike they relaxed and unpacked then we went out for dinner at a yummy pizza place in Old Town.


 The next day Ky wanted to do some shopping so Evan and I came along and I played with him for awhile at Kohls while she shopped and tried on clothes. He was in heaven to wander around, push the cart and walk until he fell.
 
 I love this picture! Evan LOVES pushing this walker around.
This is the sweetest picture. Evan got so much better at walking while we were there. He went from taking 3-4 steps to taking about 20 before falling down.
 The last time I was in Ft. Collins was when Evan was born, so it was great to be back and spend some time with my favorite Colorado family.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you could be there for Evan's party and for Kylee's birthday! I loved seeing some pictures I hadn't seen yet. I still can't get over the fact that Evan is 1!!

Kylee said...

And we loved having you here!!