Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Great Weekend #1


We have some great weekends coming up, so I'm going to label this one #1. Friday night for Logan High's homecoming, all the cheerleaders who graduated this spring were invited to come back to the football game and cheer during the second half with the current cheerleaders. So the Bundy's came to watch since Emma had a crimson and gold cheer outfit with no place else to wear it! We traded her for Kylee and Brody for the weekend (what could be fairer that trading first-born for first-born?). As always, we all had so much fun having little miss Em around. She just keeps getting easier and funner the older she gets. My favorite was when I came home from Cam's game Saturday morning and walked into the kitchen where she was eating breakfast, and she said to Jessica "look, it's my friend Lee!"























On Saturday I took Mike and the boys on an awesome 6 1/2 mile hike to Temple Fork Saw Mill 30 minutes up Logan Canyon. I had done that hike Wednesday morning with my friends Janae and Nan and just loved it. It was so gorgeous, and a beautiful day to be outside. It's where the pioneers built a saw mill in the late 1800's to get lumber for the temple and tabernacle. We had a great time enjoying the scenery and each other's company. I love doing things just as a little family.


On Sunday when the Bundy's and Hatch's got back into Logan, we all went back into the Canyon for a dutch oven dinner, a game of Sardines, and fun playing in and around the river. A big thanks to Mike for slaving away in the fire cooking the dutch oven chicken & potatoes (enlarge the family picture and notice his bloodshot eyes.) Nothing beats fall weather in Utah! Stay tuned for more weekend fun!





7 comments:

Jenny said...

I am missing Logan canyon! Thanks for posting the pics.

Annie said...

Kid, how come I never get invited on your little excursions? JUST JOKING!!!
Looks like a fun time was had by all:)

Kylee said...

I didn't know you went on a hike.... Sorry we couldn't work it out for us to come! It's so pretty!

Vonnie said...

Don't you just LOVE fall? It's great to be out and about enjoying the last few days of warmth before the weather changes. Great pictures.

Stacie said...

Sounds like alot of fun! By the way I tagged you. have fun! oh yeah you need to come see my house it's pretty darn cute!

Jamie Jo said...

That sounds like an awesome weekend! That hike looks gorgeous! I'll have to try that one.

Stu and Alyssa said...

Honestly I tell Kylee this on every post but you guys do such fun stuff! I am so jealous! It is so pretty there.