Sunday, March 29, 2009

Random Things

We have been busy lately doing a few different activities, so I thought I would share some of what's been happening. Jake participated this past weekend in a Lacrosse tournament in South Jordan. He played 9 games in three days! (and had to miss two days of school. Make-up work is a bummer.) Sadly the weather was less than desirable, so that made for some miserably cold games. Luckily whimpy parents like me could see the games from our cars. Speaking of less than desirable weather, we have sure had some crazy weather the past few weeks. Three weeks ago, on Monday, we got a foot of snow. It was cold all week, and it stayed around. The next week, it warmed up nicely, most of the snow melted, and by that Saturday, we enjoyed a lovely 70 degree day. Mike got all 7 of our bikes out and tuned up thinking we'd be riding them before long. Infact, he went for a nice bike ride that day instead of spinning indoors. Mike helped Cam and his friends put up our trampoline. We were sure spring was on the way. But no. Two days later, we had 3-4" of snow on the ground, followed by another 3-4" two days later, 4-5" the day after that, AND, 8-9" this morning. AHHHH! It's so hard to take after being teased with that one warm week. Oh well, spring is here, April is just around the corner, and I know we're done with the worst of snow until next winter. It sure made the skiers and snowboarders happy.





Lastly, an update on my dental problems. The tooth actually isn't fractured as I reported in my "injuries/crashes" post. I decided to have surgery done on my sore tooth, and while I was at it (since I was going to be asleep) why not have my top two wisdom teeth pulled that I should have had done 25 years ago? I thought it was a great plan. And I was right! (could I just say that going to sleep- a first for me- is the greatest thing ever. I think that should happen for any medical procedure) I had no problems at all from the surgery, which happened a little over a week ago- and I lost 3 pounds in three days! See, there are positives to teeth pain! Hopefully this surgery will take care of my toothache, and we won't have to go to plan B which is pulling the tooth and an implant. Time will tell.



6 comments:

Annie said...

3 pounds you say? What more is there TO say?!!

Kylee said...

Hey I just did a random things post too! fyi- you might not get many comments on this, I only got 3. But that's ok, I'm not worried about that! This weather has been hard- I would just rather it stay one way or the other. And I hope your tooth is ok and that you won't need to do anything else to it!

Jenny said...

The snow made it easier to leave. Hopefully I won't bring it back with me in May.

Lindsey said...

The snow is so crazy. I love the picture of Mike and all the bikes. It's nice to see what you guys are up to. It makes me not feel bad for not coming up EVERY weekend. At least I know you can entertain yourselves without us around :)

Stacie said...

Talk about crummy weather especially when you get the bikes all ready for riding! We are going stir crazy in our house.. I like random.

Kade and Katie said...

i hear ya with the wisdom teeth, i need to have mine out too...can they do that in labor and delivery? i might as well add to the pain while i'm in it, right! while you lost 3 pounds, i gained 2in like four days! i'm not going to like having to get all this baby weight off....and my babies don't take alot with them, darn it!i hope you are feeling better. come visit me on those bikes, because we are going to have spring VERY VERY soon! love ya!