Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Giving In

For as long as I can remember, I have been saying no- most emphatically- over most of my mom years to our kids BEGGING for a dog. No way, no how. However, I've felt myself beginning to soften towards the idea, and after seeing our friends Dachshund 1 week old puppies, I've decided to cave, and allow a dog to join our family (in 7-8 weeks when she's old enough). I know it's a miracle as far as those of you who know me well are concerned, but I can't be a mean ole mom forever can I? We told the kids today, and you'd think we just announced that we'd won the lottery! We need help with a name. Any ideas?

11 comments:

Lee said...

Haha! Those of you who know me well will not be surprised to see these next two words. . . April Fools! Did I fool anyone? I want to know who.

Oh, and you'll be happy to know I didn't trick my kids with this news. I'm not THAT heartless. . .

Claire said...

Glad this was a trick because that would have been HORRIBLE!!!! Dogs stink. We did trick Andy into thinking he was getting a dog one year for Christmas, it was great.

Lindsey said...

You TOTALLY had me fooled!! I was just getting on here to say that a mere blog comment wouldn't do, I will be calling you. Good one!! Seriously! By the way, that is a really cute picture of you.

Vonnie said...

You got me. I thought you'd caved. Good to know otherwise. Stay strong!

Carol said...

I totally believed you, and was worrying that my kids would up their whining for a dog if they found out you had caved. Good one!

Kylee said...

I would never believe that. Sorry, but I don't think you will ever have me fooled on this subject. Although I wonder what I would think if you hadn't told me ahead of time... The suggestions for names makes it seem pretty real- good idea on that one. And you do look pretty in that picture!

tutus n bowties said...

Haha good one leemo! I actually just spent the last 5 minutes looking up what kind of dog that was.

Annie said...

I was going to say....been nice knowing you! Newman. You had me!!! That was past good Leemosockie.

Stacie said...

ha ha i think I can honestly say that i wasn't buying it.. at all! other wise i was going to she if you were feeling okay.. it was a good one though! I will have to tell you what I did to rick!

Jamie Jo said...

Oh my gosh!!! I was about to type you my name ideas! You got me good.

Mike said...

I must say, you look like a natural holding that little puppy, so content!